Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Biocon Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, and Nykaa founder Falguni Nayar have been named among six Indians who have made it to the Forbes’ annual list of “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women”. as per World’s 100 Most Powerful Women list, the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is ranked at 36 and named for the fourth time in a row. prior to this, she was ranked at number 37 in the list in 2021, while she was in the 41st spot in 2020 and 34th in 2019.
World’s 100 Most Powerful Women:
- European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen has topped the 19th annual Forbes list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- followed by, European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde and US Vice President Kamala Harris are ranked in 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
- Iran’s Jina “Mahsa” Amini has posthumously made it to the influential list.
World’s 100 Most Powerful Women: other Indians to feature on the list
- HCLTech Chairperson Roshni Nadar Malhotra (ranking: 53rd),
- Securities And Exchange Board Of India (SEBI) Chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch (ranking: 54),
- Steel Authority Of India Chairperson Soma Mondal (ranking: 67),
- The list includes 39 CEOs; 10 heads of state; and 11 billionaires worth a combined $115 billion.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App