Current Affairs 14 September 2022 – Here, you will find Current Affairs September 2022 events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Govt health expenditure fell from 1.35% of GDP in 2018 to 1.28% in 2019
The government’s health expenditure as a percentage of the GDP, has dropped to 1.28 in the next year from 1.35 in 2017-18, the data showed. The Centre’s share in the total government health expenditure fell from 40.8 per cent in 2017-18 to 34.3 per cent in 2018-19. While the states’ share during the same period increased from 59.2% to 65.7%.
- The out-of-pocket expenditure as a percentage of the total health expenditure also declined from 48.8% to 48.2% and decreased substantially by 16% points from 64.2% when compared with the figures of 2013-14.
- The total health expenditure dropped to 3.2 per cent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2018-19.
IIT Madras becomes first Indian institute to join IBM Quantum Network
On 12th September 2022, IBM announced that the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-Madras) becomes the 1st Indian institution which has joined the IBM Quantum Network to advance quantum computing skills development and research in India.
- IIT Madras will be a member of the IBM Quantum Network.
- IIT Madras will have cloud-based access to IBM’s most advanced quantum computing systems and IBM’s quantum expertise to explore practical applications and realize the wide-ranging benefits of this technology for business and society.
- IIT Madras will focus on advancing core algorithms in research areas including Quantum Machine Learning, Quantum Optimization, and applications research in finance.
- In 2021, IIT Madras joined IBM’s Quantum Education Program in order to offer its students and faculty access to IBM quantum learning resources, quantum tools, and quantum systems for education and research purposes.
India to assume G20 Presidency for one year from December 2022
On 13th September 2022, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) announced that India will host the G-20 leaders’ summit in New Delhi on 9th and 10th September 2023 under its Presidency. Along with it, India will have the Presidency of the G20 for one year from December 1, 2022, to November 30, 2023, and will host over 200 meetings across the country, beginning in December this year.
- India will also invite Bangladesh, Egypt, Mauritius, Netherlands, Nigeria, Oman, Singapore, Spain and UAE as Guest countries.
CJI U U Lalit inaugurates NALSA’s Centre for Citizen Services in New Delhi
Hon’ble Justice Uday Umesh Lalit, Chief Justice of India & Patron-in-Chief, NALSA inaugurated the NALSA Centre for Citizen Services on 6th September 2022 at Jaisalmer House, Mansingh Road, New Delhi. justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Judge, Supreme Court of India & Executive Chairman, NALSA, Hon’ble Mr Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul, Judge, Supreme Court of India & Chairman SCLSC and His Companion Judges of the Supreme Court of India were also present.
- It will build dispensation of efficacious legal aid in the country by establishing a dedicated centre for citizen services.
- It will help in the establishment of the Legal Assistance Centre for Citizens, Legal Assistance Centre for NRIs, Training Centre, and Digital Command Centre for providing futuristic legal services across the country.
Karnataka govt partners with Dell to impart cyber safety practices
Karnataka government’s cyber centre of excellence in cyber security ‘CySecK’ and Dell Technologies have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to create enhanced cyber security practices in the State, especially among students.
- The MoU will help in imparting cyber security awareness and practices to students, startups and public offices.
- It will provide benefits to small and medium-scale enterprises.
- Dell will offer learning of cyber safety practices through its interactive courses in Kannada and English.
Vedanta & Foxconn ink pact with Gujarat government to set up semiconductor unit
Vedanta and Taiwanese electronics manufacturing giant Foxconn have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat government, aimed at setting up a semiconductor and display manufacturing unit in the state. Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel and Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Ashwini Vaishnaw were also present during the signing of the MOU.
- The cost of the unit will be Rs 1.54 lakh crore to set up and will be the largest-ever investment by any group in a state in India.
Delhi CM and Tamil Nadu CM unveil Schools of Excellence and Model Schools, launch Pudhumai Penn scheme
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal unveiled the establishment of 26 Schools of Excellence and 15 Model Schools during the event which was held at Bharathi Women’s College.
- CM Stalin inaugurated the Poovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Scheme, the scheme is also called the ‘Pudhumai Penn’.
- Pudhumai Penn scheme will offer Rs 1000 every month to girl students who studied in government schools between Classes 6 and 12 until they complete their undergraduate degree, ITI course or diploma.
ILO Report: Modern slavery witnesses 25% increase in five years
As per the International Labour Organisation (ILO), 50 million people or nearly one of every 150 people in the world had been living in modern slavery in the year 2021 compared to 40 million in 2016, which has witnessed a jump of 25% in the last 5 years. in which 28 million were in forced labour and 22 million people were trapped in forced marriage.
- As per the report, almost one in eight in forced labour or 3.3 million have been children and more than half of these have been in commercial sexual exploitation.
- The report finds an estimated 22 million people are in a forced marriage in 2021.
India & Madagascar signed MoU on Training of Diplomats
India and Madagascar signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the training of diplomats on 12th September 2022. Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Madagascar Foreign Affairs Minister Richard Randriamandrato and Ambassador Abhay Kumar signed the MoU between the Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service and the Foreign Affairs Minister of Madagascar.
- The MOU will help in enhancing cooperation between our two countries in the crucial arena of training diplomats.
- It will also encourage the exchange of information and content of training programmes for diplomats.
Sanjay Khanna appointed as CEO & Country Manager of AEBC India
American Express Banking Corp (AEBC) has appointed Sanjay Khanna as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Country Manager for India. he is responsible for driving growth across the organisation’s consumer and commercial businesses at present.
- Khanna will lead several business development initiatives for American Express.
- Sanjay worked in many leadership positions in the company such as head of global financial operations, India centre lead for finance, and chairman of the American Express India Pvt Ltd (AEIPL) legal entity board.
Abhishek Mishra as a member of FCI Consultative Committee
Minister of Textiles, Commerce and Industry, and Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Piyush Goyal have appointed Abhishek Mishra, CEO of Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival (DPIFF) as the Member of the Consultative Committee, Food Corporation of India (FCI).
- Abhishek Mishra also served as the Advisory Panel Member of the Central Board of Film Certification, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Axis Bank & Square Yards launch Open Doors for hassle-free home buying
Axis Bank and Square Yards launched a co-branded Home Buyer Ecosystem named ‘Open Doors’, aimed at ensuring the complete journey from searching to buying one’s dream home becomes a hassle-free, efficient, and delightful experience for customers. Open Doors Platform is a first-of-its-kind unified platform and has been designed to address the entire gamut of customer questions related to residential property.
- A Customer who wants to buy a house can avail of end-to-end home buying assistance, exclusive builder inventory access, seamless home loan processing and other ecosystem services, such as rental and property management, home furnishing, and legal and technical services – everything under one roof in a cost-effective manner.
Canara HSBC Life Insurance Launches iSelect guaranteed future plan
Canara HSBC Life Insurance has launched an individual, non-linked, non-participating, savings and protection life insurance plan called ” iSelect Guaranteed Future”, aimed at new-age customers who are internet savvy and prefer the digital platform.
- iSelect Guaranteed Future plan offers guaranteed benefits with the flexibility to pick plan options, premium amount, premium payment term, policy term and premium payment mode basis the customer’s saving needs.
About Canara HSBC Life Insurance
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Founded: 2008
Nippon Life AMC joins hands with DWS to launch govt bonds in Europe
Nippon Life India Asset Management joins hands with DWS to list the Indian Government Bond Exchange Traded Fund in Europe. The ETF will track JP Morgan India Government Fully Accessible Route (FAR) Bond index.
- Fully Accessible Route (FAR) is a separate channel and has been established by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), in consultation with the Government of India.
- Eligible investors can invest in specified government securities without any investment ceilings.
HDFC Life launches ‘Click2Protect Super’ Term Insurance Policy
India’s leading life insurer, HDFC Life has launched a term insurance plan called “Click2Protect Super”, aimed at enabling customisation as per your protection needs and you only pay for the benefits/plan options that you selected.
- Click2Protect Super plan is a non-linked, non-participating, individual, pure risk premium/ savings life insurance plan.
- It aims to offer multiple flexibilities including changing life cover, extending the policy term, getting coverage for accidental death and terminal illness, and so on.
- Click2Protect Super will offer comprehensive financial protection to families.
Google Cloud & HDFC ERGO Partner to digitise insurance buying in India
Google’s cloud computing division partners with HDFC ERGO General Insurance to create a platform which will help in digitizing the buying and servicing of insurance in India.
- HDFC ERGO will offer innovative insurance products and offer digital and personalized customer experiences using this platform.
- It will focus on the leverage data sets and predictive insights offered by Google Cloud’s AI and ML algorithms which are used to identify and minimise fraud and other allied risks.
Karnataka Bank becomes part of Khajane-II
Karnataka Bank Ltd has become part of the Karnataka Government’s integrated financial management system (IFMS) – Khajane-II — for implementing a single nodal agency (SNA) account system for Centrally-sponsored schemes.
- Karnataka Bank will help in implementing various sponsored schemes by the Government for the disbursement of cash benefits to the targeted beneficiaries via direct credit to their bank accounts in a safe, secure and speedier manner.
- It will also engage and partner with the Karnataka state Govt for executing its various initiatives toward welfare.
Piyush Goyal releases handbook on Safety in Electrical Installations and Guide for Using National Building Code of India 2016
Union Minister for Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution and Textiles Shri Piyush Goyal released a handbook on the subject “Safety in Electrical Installations – A way forward to Safety by National Electrical Code of India” and Guide for Using National Building Code of India 2016 during the 4th Governing Council Meeting of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- The handbook on Safety in Electrical Installations has been developed by BIS and International Cooper Association (ICA) India.
- It aims to create awareness about Electrical Safety and provides technical guidance for wiring installations in buildings.
- The handbook on Safety in Electrical Installations will help in understanding the purpose and application in a simplistic way.
“Will Power” Book by Former Indian Women’s Hockey Coach Sjoerd Marijne
Former Indian women’s hockey coach Sjoerd Marijne has authored a new book titled “Will Power”. the book shares the inside story of the team’s incredible turnaround at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- The book has been published by HarperCollins India and will be released on September 21st, 2022.
- The book highlights when Marijne was appointed the chief coach of the women’s team he turned the team’s fortunes around and made them a force to be reckoned with.
JIMEX 2022: India and Japan Begin Joint Naval exercise at Bay of Bengal
Indian Navy hosted the 6th edition of Japan-India Maritime Exercise 2022 (JIMEX 22) in the Bay of Bengal on 11th September 2022. The Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) ships have participated in the Japan-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise – Jimex 2022. JMSDF ships were led by R Adm Hirata Toshiyuki, Commander Escort Flotilla Four, and Indian Naval ships by R Adm Sanjay Bhalla, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet.
- From the Indian side, three indigenously designed and built warships; Sahyadri, a multi-purpose stealth frigate and Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvettes Kadmatt and Kavaratti joined the exercise.
- Moreover, Guided Missile Destroyer Ranvijay, Fleet Tanker Jyoti, Offshore Patrol Vessel Sukanya, submarines, MIG 29K fighter aircraft, Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft and ship-borne helicopters also participated in the exercise.
India to become 3rd Largest Economy by 2029: SBI Ecowrap Report
India can become the world’s third-largest economy by 2029 as per the SBI Ecowrap report. at present, The share of India’s GDP is at 3.5%, as against 2.6% in 2014 and is expected that it can cross 4% in 2027, the current share of Germany in global GDP.
- India is now the 5th largest economy in the world and surpassed the UK in December 2021.
- India’s GDP growth in Q1FY23 was 13.5% and can be the fastest growing economy in the current fiscal.
China’s 1st Solar-Powered Drone cum Satellite “Qimingxing-50”
China’s first fully solar-powered unmanned aerial vehicle completes its maiden test flight with all onboard systems functioning optimally. The drone named “Qimingxing-50” has a wingspan of 164-ft and is a large machine powered entirely by solar panels. It can fly above the 20-km altitude where there is stable airflow with no clouds.
- The drone can operate in near-space – 20 km to 100 km above the Earth’s surface and can carry out satellite-like functions.
- It is also referred to as ‘High Altitude Platform Stations’ or pseudo-satellites.
- Morning Star-50 Drones are cost-effective to build and are also easy to launch and operate.
Hughes Launches India’s First HTS Broadband Service to Link Remote Areas
Hughes Communications India announced the launch of its first high throughput satellite (HTS) broadband internet service in the country, offering satellite internet to remote locations across India.
- It will use the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’s Geosynchronous Satellite (GSAT)-11 and GSAT-29 satellites to offer the service.
- The service can offer internet connectivity bandwidth of up to 100Mbps.
Carlos Alcaraz Wins His First US Open-2022 Title and Secures ATP World No.1 Ranking
Carlos Alcaraz wins his first Grand Slam title and defeated Casper Ruud 6-4, 2-6, 7-6 (1), and 6-2 in the final of the US Open on 11th September 2022. 19-year-old Carlos Alcaraz has also become the youngest player to secure to World No 1 in the ATP rankings (since the rankings were in place in 1973).
- Alcaraz become the youngest Grand Slam winner since Spanish stalwart Rafael Nadal who won the French Open trophy in 2005.
Current Affairs Today
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.