Hon’ble Justice Uday Umesh Lalit, Chief Justice of India & Patron-in-Chief, NALSA inaugurated the NALSA Centre for Citizen Services on 6th September 2022 at Jaisalmer House, Mansingh Road, New Delhi. justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Judge, Supreme Court of India & Executive Chairman, NALSA, Hon’ble Mr Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul, Judge, Supreme Court of India & Chairman SCLSC and His Companion Judges of the Supreme Court of India were also present.
- It will build dispensation of efficacious legal aid in the country by establishing a dedicated centre for citizen services.
- It will help in the establishment of the Legal Assistance Centre for Citizens, Legal Assistance Centre for NRIs, Training Centre, and Digital Command Centre for providing futuristic legal services across the country.
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit
- Uday Umesh Lalit was born on November 9, 1957 at Solapur, Maharashtra.
- In June 1983, he Enrolled as an Advocate and started practising in the High Court of Bombay till December 1985.
- Supreme Court Designated U U Lalit as Senior Advocate in April 2004.
- He was also appointed as Special Public Prosecutor for CBI to conduct the trial in all 2G matters under the orders of the Supreme Court.
- He was appointed as Judge of the Supreme Court of India on August 13, 2014.
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit as 49th Chief Justice of India
- President of India appointed Shri Justice Uday Umesh Lalit, Judge of the Supreme Court as the 49th Chief Justice of India on 27th August 2022.
- Uday Umesh Lalit served as the 13th CJI in 1971 and as a Member of the Supreme Court Legal Services Committee for two terms.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|