Today Top Current Affairs 7 August 2021
7th August 2021 Read Daily GK Update, Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 7th August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Start Quiz Here: Daily Current Affairs Quiz 7th August 2021
Quiz Click Here – Static GK Quiz 7th August 2021: Questions Answers
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award renamed as Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award has been renamed after hockey legend Dhyan Chand. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is the highest sporting honor in India.
About Dhyan Chand
- He was the first superstar of hockey, considered a wizard or magician of the game.
- He was the chief protagonist as India won three consecutive Olympic hockey gold medals — Amsterdam 1928, Los Angeles 1932, and Berlin 1936.
- He is known for his sublime skills, intricate dribbling and gluttonous scoring ability.
- In the 1928 final, India defeated Netherlands 3-0 and India beat the United States a scarcely-believable margin of 24-1 in the 1932 gold medal match, while Germany went down 8-1 in the 1936 decider.
CM Arvind Kejriwal launches initiative to make Delhi a global city by 2047
Delhi Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal Ji has launched an initiative named [email protected], to facilitate cooperation with private entities, CSR initiatives, and philanthropic organizations to develop the national capital into a global city by 2047.
- As India enters its 75th year of independence, it is time to set our vision for 2047. Kejriwal invites all corporates and philanthropic organisations to join [email protected] initiative and make Delhi the number 1 city in the world,”
RBI approves re-appointment of Prakash Chandra as Non-Executive Chairman of RBL Bank
The Reserve Bank of India has given its approval for the re-appointment of Prakash Chandra as Non-Executive (Part-Time) Chairman of RBL Bank with effect from August 2021. Prakash Chandra will serve as a Non-Executive (Part-Time) Chairman of RBL Bank for a period of three years.
- Chandra’s reappointment and revision in his remuneration had also been approved by the Board of Directors pursuant to the recommendation of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee of the Board, which shall be placed for the approval of the Members of the Bank at the ensuing Annual General Meeting,”.
About RBL Bank –
- Founded: August 1943
SBI Payments partners with Hitachi Payment Services for e-RUPI
SBI Payments has partnered with Hitachi Payment Services in order to develop the capability to acquire e-RUPI transactions on the Yono SBI Merchant app. Recently, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched the e-RUPI platform on 2 August. SBI Payments has implemented it for the first time at a private covid-19 vaccination centre in Mumbai.
- Merchants will now use the ‘UPI Voucher’ feature on the Yono SBI Merchant App to accept prepaid UPI e-vouchers in a convenient and easy manner. Moreover, Hitachi Payment Services will also provide its support for SBI Payments in merchant on-boarding and merchant transaction settlements for eRUPI.
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance To Provide UPI Autopay Facility
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance has made a partnership with the government payments corporation National Payments Corporation of India ( NPCI) in order to offer the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) AUTOPAY facility to customers.
- It will allow customers to buy insurance policies and make premium payments digitally from their homes.
- Due to this, ICICI Prudential Life becomes the first such life insurance company that will offer the UPI AUTOPAY facility to its customers to simplify the payments processes.
Suryoday Bank launches health and wellness savings account
Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SSFB) has launched a ‘Suryoday Health and Wellness Savings Account’. the main objective of this is to help customers grow their wealth and is to take care of their family’s health amid the covid-19 pandemic. The Suryoday Health and Wellness Savings Account offers an attractive interest rate and provides three major benefits for a family of four:
- Top-up health insurance of ₹25 lakh,
- Annual healthcare package
- On-call emergency ambulance medical care services.
- Top-up health insurance and healthcare package free of charge for one year.
- Free ambulance service up to a distance of 20 km will be at 102 locations across the country till March-end 2022.
Mohammad Rizwan breaks the record for most T20I runs in a calendar year
The wicketkeeper-batsman of Pakistan Mohammad Rizwan has broken the record of Paul Stirling for scoring the most run in T20 internationals in a single calendar year.
- Rizwan has scored 752 runs in 14 innings of 15 matches with an average of 94.00 and surpassed the previous record of Ireland’s Paul Stirling, who made 748 runs in 20 innings of 20 matches at an average of 41.55 in 2019.
- Followed by Ireland’s Kevin O’Brien (729) and the Netherlands’ Maxwell O’Dowd (702), India’s Shikhar Dhawan (689) are at 3rd, 4th, and 5th place respectively.
- 29 years old Rizwan hits 7 half-centuries and one century this year and has scored 752 runs including 65 fours and 25 sixes.
National Bone & Joint Day on 4th August
Every year, the day of 4th August is observed as National Bones and Joint Day. the main objective of this day is to raise awareness about the need to keep bones healthy. Amid the covid-19 pandemic, it is crucial to pay attention to bone health.
- The theme of National Bone & Joint Day: ‘Prevention of deformity in degenerative disease’. it highlights the importance of avoiding injuries especially in contact sports, problems of self-medication and unscientific treatment which would lead to deformity.