Today Top Current Affairs 7 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 7 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 7 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
World Bank & AIIB approved $300 million loan projects to Punjab
The World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have given their approval for the $300 million ($105 million, $105 million) (Approx. 2,190 crore Rupees) loan amount. Punjab state govt will finance this project by spending USD 90 million.
- This loan amount will be used for canal-based drinking water projects in Punjab state.
- The canal-based drinking water project will include Amritsar and Ludhiana cities in order to ensure quality drinking water and minimise water losses.
J.P. Morgan partners with BillDesk for online payments
On 5th April 2021, global financial institution J.P. Morgan has made a partnership with BillDesk in order to provide online payments solutions across the India.
- The J.P. Morgan’s clients will be offered initiate statutory and utility payments online and will be securely and without additional manual assistance.
Wheat procurement in Punjab: RBI clears Rs 21000 cr towards CCL
On 5th April 2021, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cleared an amount of 21,658.73 crores towards Cash Credit Limit (CCL) in order to make procurement of wheat in Punjab.
- As per the official statement, the Punjab Govt will buy 105.60 lakh tonnes of wheat for this season.
- Apart from this, the Indian Govt has increased the minimum support price (MSP) of wheat by 50 rupees at Rs 1,975 per quintal. which was Rs 1,925 per quintal in the last year.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI) –
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Interest on reserves: 3.35%
Bank rate: 4.00%
Singapore Stock Exchange will establish Open Office at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City
Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) will set up its offshore office at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT-City) in Gandhinagar.
- Singapore’s High Commissioner Simon Wong is in Gujarat for completing the establishment of the offshore office of the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) at the GIFT City by April-end 2021.
Jeffrey Ullman And Alfred Aho win 2020 ACM A.M.Turing Award
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) has named Alfred Vaino Aho and Jeffrey David Ullman for ACM A.M. Turing Award 2020. the recipients will be honoured with this award for fundamental algorithms and theory underlying programming language implementation.
- the ACM A.M. Turing Award offers $1 million as a prize and financial support is provided by Google INC.
India’s fiscal deficit for April-Feb hits 76% of the revised full-year target
The fiscal deficit of India has stood at ₹14.01 trillion ($191.61 billion), or 76% of the revised budgeted target for the whole fiscal year in the 11 months to the end of February (government data showed).
- Net tax receipts were ₹12.16 trillion and total expenditure was ₹28.19 trillion
Total FDI At $72.12 billion, up 15% in April-January
FDI equity inflows into the country have raised by 28 per cent during April-January 2020-21, the data was released by the Commerce and Industry Ministry.
- Total FDI has set a record during the 10-month period in FY21.
- Computer software and hardware has emerged as the top sector during the first 10 months of 2020-21 with 45.81% of the total inflows.
- Followed by construction (infrastructure) activities contributed 13.37% and services sector contributed 7.80%.
Gross NPAs may rise to 9.6-10% by March-end
As per the report by ICRA, The banks’ gross NPAs may rise 9.6-9.7 per cent by March 31, 2021. ICRA estimates GNPAs to rise above 10 per cent by March 31, 2022.
About ICRA –
CEO: N. Sivaraman
Pham Minh Chinh as new Prime Minister of Vietnam
On 5th April 2021, Vietnam’s National Assembly confirmed Pham Minh Chinh as the next prime minister.
- Chinh will take place of former Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc. Nguyen Xuan Phuc will serve as the country’s new president.
- 62 years old Chinh has won 96.25% of the vote at National Assembly vote.
NCAER appoints Poonam Gupta as Director-General
The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) has elected Poonam Gupta as its new director-general. her appointment will come into effect from July 1st, 2021.
- Poonam will take place of Shekhar Shah and will be the first woman who will hold the post as Director General.
- She has served as the Reserve Bank of India Chair Professor at NIPFP and a Professor of Macroeconomics at ICRIER.
- Later, She also joined the World Bank in 2013.
Science & Technology
IIT Kanpur develops touch-sensitive watch for the visually impaired
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, (IIT-K) has successfully developed a touch-sensitive watch. this watch will be helpful for visually impaired people to sense time accurately.
- A touch-sensitive watch has been developed by prof Siddhartha Panda and Vishwaraj Srivastava of IIT Kanpur.
How A touch-sensitive watch Works
- People will touch and scan the touch-sensitive watch’s hour indicators. the watch will respond using different vibration patterns. due to this way, impaired people will read the time easily.
Samajwadi Party founder member Bhagwati Singh dies at 89
The Samajwadi Party Founder member Shri Bhagwati Singh has passed away at age of 89. he was also a former UP minister.
- He has served as an SP member of the Rajya Sabha between July 2004 and 2010.
- Bhagwati also worked as a member of the Mulayam cabinet.
- He led the management of Chandrabhanu Gupta Agriculture College in Bakshi ka Talab.
Kannada author Mumtaz Begum dies at 73
On 6th April 2021, Veteran Kannada author Mumtaz Begum has passed away at the age of 73. She was suffering from a brief illness.
- She has penned several works such as ‘Avyakta,’‘ Paradeshi,’ ‘Vartula,’ ‘Bandalike,’ ‘Chimpi,’ ‘Ankura Sahita Kathe,’ novels, and poems.
- Apart from this, She was honoured with various awards like the district Rajyotsava award, Kannada literature council award, senior citizens literary award and Basava literary arts forum’s Basava Jyoti award for her outstanding contributions to the field of literature and writing.