Today Top Current Affairs 6 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 6 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 6 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
NSO report 2020: Women and Men in India
The National Statistical Office has published a report regarding Women and Men in India. the report highlights the crucial socio-economic indicators that portray the gender situation in India. National Statistical Office functions under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI).
- The report is published annually by the MoSPI.
- It is estimated that the population of India in 2021 is 136.13 crores.
- The sex ratio has risen to 943 in 2011 from 933 in 2001.
- Delhi has the highest increase in the sex ratio. Chandigarh, Arunachal Pradesh got the 2nd and 3rd place in the term of highest sex ratio.
- In the contrast, Daman and Diu registered for the highest decline in the sex ratio.
India, UAE, Israel Trilateral Trade Could Reach USD 110 Billion By 2030: Diplomats
The trilateral trade between India, Israel and the UAE can move to a high of $110 billion by the year 2030 by tapping into their mutual strengths, top diplomats and members of the business community have said.
- On 4th April 2021, the International Federation of Indo-Israel Chambers of Commerce (IFIICC) conducted the event.
- the top diplomats and members discussed the ongoing business collaborations being pursued through IFIICC”s leadership across sectors.
India got 20 medals in Dubai Para Badminton
India has finished Dubai Para-Badminton with 20 medals. in which, defending world champion Pramod Bhagat achieved two gold medals.
- in Dubai, the 3rd Sheikh Hamdan bin Al Maktoum Dubai Para-Badminton International 2021 was held.
Dubai Para-Badminton International 2021 Gold medals
Hubert Hurkacz won Miami Open title, defeats Jannik Sinner
Poland’s Hubert Hurkacz has won the Miami Open Title. in the final, he defeated 19-year-old Jannik Sinner of Italy. in January, he won the Delray Beach title.
- Hurkacz became Poland’s first Masters 1000 champion.
Shabir Hussein Shekhadam Khandwawala as New BCCI ACU Chief
05th April 2021, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to appoint Shabir Hussein Shekhadam Khandwawala as the head of its Anti-Corruption Unit. Shabir Hussein is a former Gujarat DGP.
- Shabir Hussein will take place of Ajit Singh who has finished his term on 31st March 2021. Ajit Singh was serving as the Indian cricket board’s ACU since April 2018.
Venkaiah Naidu releases book ‘Agriculture in India: Contemporary Challenges – in the Context of Doubling Farmers Income’
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has released the book titled ‘Agriculture in India: Contemporary Challenges – in the Context of Doubling Farmers Income’.
- this book was authored by former AP Chief Secretary Dr Mohan Kanda.
- It also highlights the synthesis of the challenges concerning agricultural research, development, policy and programmes.
Veteran actress Shashikala passes away at 88 in Mumbai
The famous actress Shashikala has taken her last breath at the age of 88 in Colaba, Mumbai. she has worked in over 100 Bollywood films. She was known for her work in films such as Daku, Raasta and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.
- She was born in August 1932 in a Maharashtrian family belonging to Solapur.
- She worked with Priyanka Chopra, Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan’s Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, 1953 release Teen Batti Char Raasta, and 1968 film Teen Bahuraniyan
Former Union Minister Digvijaysinh Zala died at 88
The Former Union Environment Minister and MLA Shri Wankaner Digvijaysinh Zala has taken his last breath at the age of 88. he was from Gujarat state.
- Zala served as MLA from Wankaner between 1962 and 1967 and also became a member of the Swatantra Party from 1967 to 1971.
- After that, he became part of the Congress party and served as a Member of Parliament from Surendranagar for two terms between 1979 and 1989.
- He served as 1st Environment Minister of the country from 1982 to 1984 under Prime minister Indira Gandhi govt.
Former international table tennis player Suhas Kulkarni died
The Ex-international table tennis player Mr Suhas Kulkarni has passed away at age of 68 in neighbouring Thane.
- He was suffering from Covid 19 and was taking treatment from the Kaushalya Hospital.
- he played Masters’ TT tournaments at the National and International level.
International Day of Conscience 2021
International Day of Conscience day is observed on 5th April every year. The UN General Assembly declared 5th April as the International Day of Conscience.
- The main objective of this day is to promote a peaceful culture of love and conscience.
- It also marks self-reflect on our life and try and do the right things all the time with empowering us to do better in society.
- This day also promotes peace and love across the world. it is a positive, dynamic, participatory process connected intrinsically to democracy, justice, and development for all.