Today Top Current Affairs 8 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 8 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 8 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Sumon Chakraborty will get 30th GD Birla Award for Scientific Research
Professor Suman Chakraborty is elected for the 30th GD Birla Award for Scientific Research. Suman Chakraborty has given his outstanding contribution to engineering science and its applications in developing technologies for affordable healthcare.
Sumon Chakraborty awards –
|2008||Scopus Young Scientist Award|
|2013||Santi Swaroop Bhatnagar Award|
|–||Young Scientist/ Young Engineer Awards|
Vjosa Osmani-Sadriu as Kosovo’s 7th President
Kosovo’s new president Vjosa Osmani-Sadriu has assumed the post and becomes the country’s youngest head of state and one of the youngest in the world.
- Kosovo’s Assembly has elected 38 years old Vjosa Osmani-Sadriu as the next president and will serve for a period of five years.
- She is a Kosovan jurist and politician.
- She has served as the 5th president of Kosovo since 4 April 2021.
- Also, served as acting president from November 2020 to March 2021.
- later, she was elected the speaker of the Assembly of Kosovo.
Chintan Vaishnav as the new Mission Director of Atal Innovation Mission
The famous socio-technologist Dr Chintan Vaishnav has been elected as new mission director of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- He will take place of Ramanathan Ramanan.
- Vaishnav has a PhD in technology, management, and policy from MIT.
My Mother-My Hero book by Dr Achyuta Samanta
Indian Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu has released a new book title ‘My Mother-My Hero’ written by Dr Achyuta Samanta.
- The book highlights the struggles of his mother who raised her seven children braving acute poverty.
Malayalam Actor and Screenwriter P Balachandran dies at 69
P. Balachandran has passed away at age of 69 at his home in Vaikom. He was suffering from illness for several months and died on 5th April 2021.
- he was a Malayalam actor, playwright and author.
- He has worked on About 50 Malayalam film as an actor and screenwriter.
- He wrote the scripts of Uncle Bun, Kallu Kondoru Pennu, Police and so on.
- In 1989, He was honoured with Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award and Kerala Professional Nataka Award for his play ‘Paavam Usman’.
Mumbai’s ‘Kanga League’ Giant Mehli Irani dies at 90
In Dubai, Former Mumbai cricketer and “Kanga League” giant Mehli Irani has passed away at the age of 90.
- Irani was a left-handed batsman and wicket-keeper.
- he had played the Kanga League for 50 years and represented the Bombay Gymkhana and Parsee Cyclists at the club level.
Gita Press President Radheshyam Khemka dies at 87
87 years old Radheshyam Khemka has taken his last breath. he was suffering from a brief illness and served as The President of Gita Press.
- In 1923, Jaya Dayal Goyanka and Ghanshyam Das Jalan founded Gita Press in order to promote the principles of Sanatana Dharma.
- it is the world’s largest publisher of Hindu religious texts.
- The Gita Press is situated in Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh, India)
World Health Day 2021
Every year, World Health Day is observed on 7th April across the world. On this Day, the World Health Organisation (WHO) was established on 7 April 1948.
- It aims to create awareness among people regarding a specific subject of major importance to global health.
- The World Health Day Theme 2021 is “Building a fairer, healthier world for everyone”.
International Day of Sport for Development and Peace 2021
The day of 6th April is observed as International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) every year across the globe.
- it purposes to celebrate the power of sport which plays a role in driving social change, community development.
- this day also fosters peace and understanding.
- In 2013, United Nations General Assembly declared this day to observe.
International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Rwanda Genocide 2021
The day of 7th April is observed as International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda every year across the world. this day marks the genocide against members of the Tutsi.
- The main objective of this day is to make people aware of genocides and the consequences of the crime.