Today Top Current Affairs 6th June 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Union Minister Dr Virendra Kumar launched the Scheme “SHRESHTA”
Union Minister of Social Justice and empowerment Dr Virendra Kumar launched the Scheme named “SHRESHTA”-Scheme for residential education for students in High school in Targeted Areas.
- The Scheme will be beneficial for SC students those who could not reach for higher quality education.
- The Scheme for Residential Education for Students in Targeted Areas (SHRESHTA) aims to provide quality education and opportunities for even the poorest.
Rajasthan’s Special Health Care Abhiyan ‘Anchal’ launched for pregnant women
A Special Health Care Abhiyan ‘Anchal’ was launched in the Karauli district of Rajasthan for pregnant women and has benefited more than 13 thousand women.
- During Special Health Care Abhiyan ‘Anchal’, 13,144 pregnant women were tested for their haemoglobin levels, out of which 11,202 were found to be anaemic.
- These women have been advised to take the right medicine and necessary nutritious diet, to keep themselves stress-free.
Meghalaya Wins Best Project Award at UN World Summit
the Meghalaya government’s key initiative of the e-proposal system, part of Meghalaya Enterprise Architect won a coveted UN Award- World Summit on the Information Society Forum (WSIS) prize at Geneva in Switzerland.
- Secretary-General of ITU, Houlin Zhao presented the award to Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma in the WSIS Forum Prizes 2022, held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Meghalaya contested with projects from Australia, China, Argentina and Tanzania.
- Meghalaya was declared the best project in the category and MeghEA is the only project from India to win the Winner Award 2022.
Punjab & Sind Bank MD & CEO S Krishnan retires
Punjab & Sind Bank Limited MD & CEO, S Krishnan has retired from the role with effect from May 31, 2022. He was appointed as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Punjab & Sind Bank from the date of assumption of office till the date of his superannuation, i.e. 31.05.2022 or until further orders.
- S Krishnan is a postgraduate in Commerce (M.Com) and a qualified Cost Accountant (ICMA).
- S Krishnan took charge as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) of Punjab & Sind Bank on 4th September 2020.
- Shri Krishnan was Executive Director of Syndicate Bank and Canara Bank.
- He began his carrier in Indian Bank in January 1983.
- He has a long and varied field of banking and administrative experience of nearly 38 years.
UN Russian Language Day 2022
UN Russian Language Day is observed on June 6th every year. The Russian Language is one of the six official languages used by the United Nations throughout the Organization.
- This day also highlights the birthday of Aleksandr Pushkin, a Russian poet who is considered the father of the modern Russian language.
- United Nations celebrate each of the six official languages, its multilingualism and cultural diversity.
- six official languages of the UN are English, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Russian and French.
World Environment Day 2022
World Environment Day (WED) is celebrated on 05 June every year around the world. it aims to create awareness and encourage people to take action for the protection of our environment. in 2022, Sweden will host 2022 World Environment Day.
- In the year 1972, The UN General Assembly established this day to tackle the emerging environmental issues of pollution, global warming, human overpopulation, sustainable consumption and wildlife crime.
- The year 2022 marks the 50th WED (World Environment Day) and the theme is ‘Only One Earth,’
World Bicycle Day 2022
The day of 3rd June is observed as World Bicycle Day every year across the world in order to make people aware of the benefits of using the bicycle, aiming to develop a culture of cycling for basic transportation, commutation, and strengthening physical and mental health.
- World Bicycle Day pays attention to recognising the longevity, uniqueness, and versatility of the bicycle, and the Bicycle is an affordable, reliable, simple, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transport.
- In April 2018, the United Nations General Assembly declared this day to observe in the world.
- The theme of World Bicycle Day 2021 is “Uniqueness, versatility, and longevity of the bicycle as a simple, sustainable, economical, and reliable mode of transportation”.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2022
The day of 4th June is observed as International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression every year around the world to protect the rights of children.
- The main objective of this day is to acknowledge the pain suffered by children in the world who get the victims of physical, mental, and emotional abuse from others.
- The United Nations established this day to celebrate on 19 August 1982, with a focus on victims of the 1982 Lebanon War.
- in 1997, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) brought the 51/77 Resolution which was related to the Rights of the Children.
Daily Current Affairs 6th June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.