World Bicycle Day 2022: History, Significance – The day of 3rd June is observed as World Bicycle Day every year across the world in order to make people aware of the benefits of using the bicycle, aiming to develop a culture of cycling for basic transportation, commutation, and strengthening physical and mental health.
- World Bicycle Day pays attention to recognise the longevity, uniqueness, and versatility of the bicycle, and the Bicycle is an affordable, reliable, simple, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transport.
- In April 2018, the United Nations General Assembly declared this day to observe in the world.
World Bicycle Day 2022: History
- On 3rd June 2018, The first bicycle day was celebrated and a Polish social scientist who was working in the United States Professor Leszek Sibilski led a grassroots campaign with his sociology class to promote a UN Resolution for World Bicycle Day.
- The original UN Blue and White #June3WorldBicycleDay logo was designed by Isaac Feld and the accompanying animation was accomplished by Professor John E. Swanson.
World Bicycle Day 2022: Theme
- The theme of World Bicycle Day 2021 is “Uniqueness, versatility, and longevity of the bicycle as a simple, sustainable, economical, and reliable mode of transportation”.
World Bicycle Day 2022: Quotes
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” –Albert Einstein
“It never gets easier, you just go faster” -Greg LeMond
“Crashing is part of cycling as crying is part of love” -Johan Museeuw
“A bicycle ride around the world begins with a single pedal stroke” -Scott Stoll
“Like dogs, bicycles are social catalysts that attract a superior category of people.” -Chip Brown
“I’m lazy. But it’s the lazy people who invented the wheel and the bicycle because they didn’t like walking or carrying things.” -Lech Walesa
“Cyclists live with pain. If you can’t handle it you will win nothing” -Eddy Merckx
“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” -John F. Kennedy
World Bicycle Day 2022: FAQs
Q.1 When is World Bicycle Day observed?
The day of 3rd June is celebrated as World Bicycle Day every year across the world
Q.2 What is the theme of International Bicycle Day?
The theme 2021 of World Bicycle Day is “Uniqueness, versatility, and longevity of the bicycle as a simple, sustainable, economical, and reliable mode of transportation”.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.