Today Top Current Affairs 5 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 5th October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
START TEST: Daily Current Affairs Quiz 5th October 2021
Nirmala Sitharaman celebrates 53rd Foundation Day of the ICSI
Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has celebrated the 53rd Foundation Day celebrations of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
- The theme is “Powering Atmanirbhar Bharat through Entrepreneurship and Innovation”.
- Also, ICSI launched its 5th Overseas Centre in Australia.
About Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) –
- President: Nagendra D. Rao
- Founded: 4 October 1968
- CEO: CS Sutanu Sinha
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Defence Secretary launches website for Republic Day Celebrations – 2022
On 4th October 2021, Defence Secretary Dr. Ajay Kumar has launched a new website: www.indianrdc.mod.gov.in in New Delhi to mark the 75th year of Independence-Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. the website will showcase the Republic Day Celebrations of the year 2022.
- The website will be a single-point official source for all the content related to Republic Day Celebrations.
- It will have features including a special RDC Radio, Gallery, Interactive Filters, E-book, Blogs on the Indian Freedom Movement, Wars and War Memorials.
Fumio Kishida sworn in as 100th Prime Minister of Japan
On 4th October 2021, the Parliament of Japan has selected the former Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida to become the new Prime Minister of the country.
- Kishida has received 257 votes, from 249 parliament members and will serve as the 100th Prime Minister of the country.
- He has taken place of Yoshihide Suga, who submitted his resignation along with his entire cabinet.
Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed takes oath for a second five-year term
On 4th October 2021, The Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Abiy Ahmed has been sworn in for a second five-year term, was administered the oath of office by Supreme Court Chief Justice Meaza Ashenafi.
- Abiy is the recipient of the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.
- He is serving as prime minister of Ethiopia since 2018.
- Ethiopia Capital: Addis Ababa
- Currency: Ethiopian Birr
Colonel Mamady Doumbouya sworn in as interim President of Guinea
On 1st October 2021, Colonel Mamady Doumbouya has sworn in as the Interim President of the coastal West African country of Guinea.
- Col Doumbouya becomes the Africa’s second-youngest leader, after Mali’s 38-year-old Assimi Goïta.
- Guinea Capital: Conakry
- Currency: Guinean franc
American Scientists David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian win 2021 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
On 4th October 2021, Two American scientists David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian have jointly won the 2021 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
- Both received the award for the discovery of receptors in the skin that sense temperature and touch and could pave the way for new painkillers.
- The Award includes a gold medal and 10 million Swedish kronor (over $1.14 million).
About David Julius:
- He was born on 4 November 1955, New York, NY, USA.
- He has recieved The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021.
FC Goa lift maiden Durand Cup football trophy, beats Mohammedan Sporting 1-0
FC Goa has won their maiden Durand Cup football title, in the final FC Goa beat Mohammedan Sporting 1-0 and the final was held at Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan, Kolkata.
- In the 105th minute, FC Goa Captain Eduardo Bedia scored the goal.
Durand Cup football trophy
- Durand Cup is the oldest football tournament in Asia.
- In 2021, it was the 130th edition of the Durand Cup held from September 05 to October 03, 2021, in West Bengal.
Durand Cup awards winners
|Golden glove for best goalkeeper||Golden glove for best goalkeeper|
|Golden boot for top scorer||Marcus Joseph (Mohammedan)|
|Golden ball for the best player||Edu Bedia (Goa)|
World Teacher’s Day 2021
World Teacher’s Day is celebrated on the 5th of October every year to commemorate teachers across the globe. this day is also known as International Teacher’s day. it aims to recognize and celebrate each teacher’s contribution and efforts.
- The main purpose of this day is to focus on appreciating, assessing and improving the educators of the world and to provide an opportunity to consider issues related to teachers and teaching.
- The Theme 2021 for International Teachers Day is “Teachers at the heart of education recovery”.
Ganga River Dolphin Day 2021
In India, the ‘Ganga River Dolphin Day’ is observed every year on 5th October since 2010. this day aims to raise awareness and encourage the conservation of Ganga River Dolphins.
- World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) initiated the dolphin conservation campaign in the collaboration of Uttar Pradesh government in 2012.
- On October 5, the dolphins were declared as National Aquatic Animal.