American Scientists David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian win 2021 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
On 4th October 2021, Two American scientists David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian have jointly won the 2021 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
- Both received the award for the discovery of receptors in the skin that sense temperature and touch and could pave the way for new painkillers.
- The Award includes a gold medal and 10 million Swedish kronor (over $1.14 million).
About David Julius:
- He was born on 4 November 1955, New York, NY, USA.
- He has recieved The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021.
list of nobel prize winners in india
- Rabindranath Tagore – Nobel Prize for Literature (1913)
- CV Raman – Nobel Prize for Physics (1930)
- Har Gobind Khurana – Nobel Prize for Medicine (1968)
- Mother Teresa – Nobel Peace Prize (1979)
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar – Nobel Prize for Physics (1983)
- Amartya Sen – Nobel Prize for Economics (1998)
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan – Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2009)
- Kailash Satyarthi – Nobel Peace Prize (2014)
- Abhijit Banerjee – Nobel Prize for Economics (2019)
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.