Today Top Current Affairs 29 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 29th September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Centre extends tenure of Company Law Committee by one year
The Govt of India has decided to extend the tenure of the Company Law Committee by one year period. the Company Law Committee was formed in 2019.
- The role of the Company Law Committee is to promote ease of living by providing ease of doing business to law-abiding corporates.
- The committee has a total of 11 members, and Corporate Affairs Secretary Rajesh Verma is the head of the committee.
Sojat Mehndi (Rajasthan) and Judima rice wine (Assam) receive GI tag
Assam’s rice wine Judima and Rajasthan’s Sojat Mehndi (Henna) have been awarded the geographical indication (GI) tag.
- Judima is a homemade rice wine and is the traditional brew in all of northeast.
- Judima is made from sticky rice, which is steamed and mixed with traditional herbs, the wine has a distinct sweet taste. the whole process takes around one week to be ready.
- Judima word was derived from the words Ju which mean wine and the meaning of Dima is ‘belonging to the Dimasa’.
- The Govt has given the geographical indication (GI) tag to Sojat Mehndi from Rajasthan that will help growers of this product get a premium price.
CAG GC Murmu is appointed as external auditor of IAEA for 6 years
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, G C Murmu has been appointed as the external auditor of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). G C Murmu will serve as IAEA’s external auditor for a period of six years.
- Murmu took charge as the Comptroller and Auditor General of India on August 8th, 2020.
- He has served as the first Lt Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Apsrt from this, he was also appointed as secretary of the department of expenditure, special and additional secretary in the department of financial services, and department of revenue by the Indian Govt.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prizes 2021
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2021: On 26th September 2021, The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize has been presented to 11 scientists for outstanding contributions to science and technology during the 80th foundation day of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize was named after Dr (Sir) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar who was the founder and Director of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) India.
Sania Mirza-Shuai Zhang wins 2021 Ostrava Open women’s doubles title
Indian Star tennis player Sania Mirza has received her first title of the season in the women’s doubles final of the Ostrava Open. her partner was Chinese Shuai Zhang. both defeated the pair of Kaitlyn Christian and Erin Routliffe.
- The 2nd seeded Indo-Chinese duo defeated the 3rd seeded pair of American Christian and New Zealander Routliffe 6-3 6-2 in the summit clash.
World Heart Day 2021
Every year, World Heart Day is celebrated on 29th September by World Heart Federation in order to raise awareness about Cardiovascular disease (CVD), and to draw people’s attention to heart illness.
- World Heart Federation designated World Heart Day with World Health Organization (WHO).
- in 2000, World Heart Day was celebrated for the first time. prior to this, this day was used to observe on last Sunday of September.
- The theme 2021 for World Heart Day is ‘Use Heart To Connect’ highlighting the power of digital health to improve awareness, prevention, and management of CVD globally.
International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste 2021
Every year, The International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste is observed on September 29th in order to promote and implement global efforts to resolve the issue of food wastage.
- It aims to make efforts towards responsible consumption and production as well as zero hunger.
- It also purposes to take steps towards addressing the problem of climate change through sustainable food habits.
- The theme for International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste 2021 is Stop food loss and waste. For the people. For the planet.