Assam’s rice wine Judima and Rajasthan’s Sojat Mehndi (Henna) have been awarded the geographical indication (GI) tag.
About Judima rice wine Assam
- Judima is a homemade rice wine and is the traditional brew in all of northeast.
- Judima is made from sticky rice, which is steamed and mixed with traditional herbs, the wine has a distinct sweet taste. the whole process takes around one week to be ready.
- Judima word was derived from the words Ju which mean wine and the meaning of Dima is ‘belonging to the Dimasa’.
About Sojat Mehndi Rajasthan
- The Govt has given the geographical indication (GI) tag to Sojat Mehndi from Rajasthan that will help growers of this product get a premium price.
What is GI tag?
- A GI tag (Called geographical indication) is used for an agricultural, natural, or a manufactured product (handicraft and industrial goods) originating from a definite geographical area.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.