Today Top Current Affairs 30 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 30th September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment launches Elder Line (Toll-Free No- 14567)
The Govt of India has launched the country’s first Pan-India toll-free helpline – 14567 — called ‘Elder Line’. the Elder Line will offer free information and guidance on pension issues, legal issues, extend emotional support, and even intervenes in the field in cases of abuse, and rescues the homeless elderly.
- Using ‘Elder Line’, senior citizens can connect and share their concerns, get information and guidance on problems that they face on a day-to-day basis.
- National Helpline for Sr Citizen (Elder line – 14567) has been made operational in various Indian states they are: Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, and Uttar Pradesh.
New online system of MSME/Udyam Registration crosses 50 lakh mark
MSME Ministry’s CHAMPIONS portal for New online system of MSME/Udyam Registration has crossed the 50 lakh mark including 47 lakh Micro organizations and 2.7 lakh Small Units.
- CHAMPIONS portal – The full form is Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength.
- Union MSME Ministry launched a new online system of MSME/Udyam Registration named CHAMPIONS on 1st July 2020.
- The registration is free of cost.
- For MSME (Udyam) Registration, the official site is https://udyamregistration.gov.in “
CavinKare CMD CK Ranganathan appointed as new AIMA president
CK Ranganathan has been appointed as president of the All India Management Association (AIMA). Ranganathan will serve as AIMA’s president for a period of one year till September 2022.
- CK Ranganathan is chairman & managing director (MD) of CavinKare Pvt Ltd and has assumed the post from Harsh Pati Singhania.
Yemeni humanitarian organization bags 2021 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award
Yemen’s humanitarian organization has been declared the winner of the 2021 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award. The Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development was formed in 2017 and has received the prestigious award for its unwavering support for displaced Yemenis, even as shifting frontlines brought gun battles and explosions to its doorstep.
- The UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award is presented to honor individuals, groups, or organizations for going above and beyond the call of duty to protect refugees, other displaced and stateless people.
About Nansen Refugee Award
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) distributes The UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award to an individual, group, or organization in recognition of outstanding service to the cause of refugees, displaced, or stateless people.
- The UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award has been named after the intrepid Norwegian polar explorer, statesman, and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Fridtjof Nansen.
- The award includes the Nansen Medal and a $100,000 (US dollar) monetary prize.
The United States Wins 2021 Ryder Cup Golf Tournament
The United States has become the winner of the 2021 Ryder Cup. in the final, The United States defeated Team Europe by 19-9. also, The United States registered the largest margin of victory in the history of the Ryder Cup by a team.
- The 43rd Ryder Cup Golf Tournament was conducted between 24 September 2021 and 26 September 2021 at Whistling Straits, Haven, Wisconsin in US.
World Maritime Day 2021
World Maritime Day is observed on the last Thursday of September month. in 2021, it will be observed on September 30 by the International Maritime Organization (IMO). it aims to draw public attention towards maritime safety and the marine environment, as well as IMO initiatives in a particular area.
- The Theme 2021 for World Maritime Day is “Seafarers: at the core of shipping’s future” marks the visibility of seafarers by highlighting the important roles they play now and will continue to play in the near future.
International Translation Day 2021
International Translation Day is observed on 30th September every year across the world. The main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about the translation industry and languages that play an essential part in our society’s growth.
- It also marks St. Jerome, the Bible translator who is regarded as the patron saint of linguists.
- The theme 2021 for International Translation Day is “United in translation”.