Today Top Current Affairs 28 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 28th September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
On 27th September 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission for the entire country. the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will include a unique health ID for every citizen and digital healthcare professionals and facilities registry creations as well.
- It will provide a health ID for every citizen that will act as their health account. Personal health records can be viewed with the help of a mobile application.
- A Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR) and Healthcare Facilities Registries (HFR) will works as a repository of all healthcare providers across both modern and traditional systems of medicine.
Centre launches convergence scheme to support food processing units of urban SHGs
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has launched the event of the Convergence between PM Formalisation of Micro-food processing Enterprises (PMFME) & Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) scheme.
- The schemes will help and groom Self Help Group members, who are involved in micro-entrepreneurship activities will make financially empowered and help families of SHGs live a dignified life.
Union Minister Bharati Pravin Pawar addresses 4th Indo-US Health Dialogue
Indo-US Health Dialogue 2021: On 27th September 2021, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar addressed the inaugural session of the 4th Indo-US Health Dialogue.
- It will act as a platform to deliberate upon multiple ongoing collaborations in the health sector between India and the USA.
- the 4th Indo-US Health Dialogue session includes vaccine development, One Health, zoonotic and vector-borne diseases, health systems and health policies and so no.
Mastercard names world chess champion, Magnus Carlsen, as its global brand ambassador
Mastercard has announced to appoint the highest-rated chess player Magnus Carlsen as a Mastercard Global Brand Ambassador. Magnus joins the company’s all-star lineup of ambassadors, which includes Lionel Messi, Naomi Osaka, Crystal Dunn, and Dan Carter.
About Mastercard –
- CEO: Michael Miebach
- Founded: 16 December 1966, United States
- Headquarters: New York, United States
Lt Gen Gurbirpal Singh takes over as DG NCC
Lieutenant General Gurbirpal Singh has assumed the post of Director-General of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) on September 27, 2021, and becomes the 34th DG of the National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- Lt Gen Singh was commissioned into The PARACHUTE REGIMENT in 1987.
- He also served as a Company Commander in the counter-insurgency environment in Nagaland and the Siachen Glacier.
- He also commanded a Special Forces Battalion in the intense counter-terrorism environment of the Valley Sector in Kashmir and also in the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon.
England all-rounder Moeen Ali announces retirement from Test cricket
34-year-old England cricketer Moeen Ali has decided to take retirement from Test cricket. he will continue playing limited-overs cricket for England.
- In his Test Career, Moeen Ali has scored 2914 runs in 64 Test at an average of 28.29 and has taken 195 wickets with his off-spin.
- Recently, he played in the Test series against India.
India gets three silver medals at the 2021 Archery World Championships in Yankton, US
Archers from India have claimed three silver medals at the 2021 World Archery Championships. the 2021 World Archery Championships was held in Yankton, South Dakota, United States between 20th September to 26th September 2021.
- Three archers won silver medals in Women’s Compound Individual, Women’s Compound Team and Compound Mixed Team competitions categories.
- Apart from this, Vennam Jyothi Surekha has received three silver medals at a world championship and became the first Indian woman archer to do this.
International Day for Universal Access of Information 2021
The International Day for the Universal Access to Information is observed on September 28th every year across the world. this day is known as Access to Information Day.
- The meaning of Universal access to information is that everyone has the right to seek, receive and impart information for healthy and inclusive knowledge societies.
- the theme 2021 for International Day for Universal Access to Information is ‘The Right to Know – Building Back Better with Access to Information.’
World Rabies Day 2021
The day of 28th September is observed as World Rabies Day every year in order to create awareness about the impact of rabies on humans and animals. It also provides information and advice on how to prevent the disease and take efforts to control rabies.
- The day also marks the death anniversary of the French chemist and microbiologist, Louis Pasteur’, who developed the first rabies vaccine.
- the 15th edition of World Rabies Day will be observed in 2021.
- The Theme 2021 for World Rabies day is ‘Rabies: Facts, not Fear’, highlighting on ending the fear from the people and empowering them with the facts.