Today Top Current Affairs 28 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
PM Modi inaugurates Lata Mangeshkar Chowk in Ayodhya on her 93rd birth anniversary
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated an intersection in Ayodhya, which has been named after Lata Mangeshkar to pay tribute to the legendary Lata Mangeshkar on her 93rd birth anniversary.
- A towering 40 feet long and 12 feet high sculpture of a veena engraved with a picture of Goddess Saraswati was established at the chowk.
- Lata Mangeshkar was born in 1929.
- He had a career spanning eight decades and sang for a wide range of film stars, cutting across languages.
- She also earned many awards in her lifetime, she was also bestowed the Bharat Ratna.
MoHUA launches Swachh Toycathon under the Swachh Amrit Mahotsav
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched Swachh Toycathon under the Swachh Amrit Mahotsav. Secretary, MoHUA, Manoj Joshi, launched the event on the MyGov portal and released the toolkit. Swachh Toycathon aims to explore solutions for use of waste in the creation or manufacturing of toys.
- The Center for Creative Learning, IIT Gandhinagar is a partner of MoHUA for the initiative to offer support on aspects of pedagogy and creativity.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh announces ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign in CSIR Labs
Union Minister of State for Science and Technology, Dr Jitendra Singh announced the ‘One Week One Lab’ theme-based campaign, aimed at showcasing the technological breakthroughs and innovations in CSIR laboratories/institutes.
- The laboratories were developed during the COVID pandemic last year to help India’s fight against COVID.
- CSIR has shown opportunities for developing meaningful and equal stake partnerships among Research, Academia and Industry.
- Dr Jitendra Singh also called upon a pool of over 4,500 CSIR scientists to reorient and revitalise the organization to emerge as a Global Centre of Innovations in the Amrit Kaal.
Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
The Union Cabinet has increased Dearness allowance (DA) of the Central Government Employees by 4% taking it effectively to 38% from 34%. increased Dearness allowance (DA) will benefit over 50 lakh central government employees and 62 lakh pensioners.
- The Union Cabinet meeting was held to hike the inflation-linked allowance for government employees and the meeting was presided over by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
OBCs not in Central list can apply under EWS for Central government posts: DoPT
Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has said People belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC) communities in the State list but not in the Central list will be eligible to apply for posts and services of the Government of India under the EWS quota criteria.
- The DoPT published the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and the answers.
- As per the list of FAQs issued to States and Union Territories last week by the DoPT, members of the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes will not be eligible to apply for Central government positions irrespective of where they reside (even if the State of residence does not recognise their community as an SC or ST).
MoCI Extends Foreign Trade Policy by 6 Months till March 2023
The government decided to extend the existing Foreign Trade Policy (2015-20) by another six months till March 2023 after getting requests from Export Promotion Councils and leading exporters that the current Foreign Trade Policy (2015-20), which had been extended from time to time, should be extended.
- The current Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 will remain valid till September 30, 2022, after getting an extension for a further period of six months till March 2023.
JMC Projects signed contract with Maldives for Hanimaadhoo International Airport Project
An Indian company named JMC Projects Limited signed an agreement with the Maldives government to develop the Hanimaadhoo International Airport. Managing Director of Regional Airports, Mohammed Rizvi and on behalf of the Maldives government and JMC’s Vice-President, KS Reddy, signed the agreement at a ceremony held on September 26th, 2022.
- India supports the Maldives in the project.
- The aim of the Hanimaadhoo International Airport Development Project is to transform the economic landscape of the North Maldives.
Indian-origin minister Suella Braverman wins first Queen Elizabeth II award
Britain’s Indian-origin Home Secretary Suella Braverman has won the first-ever Queen Elizabeth II Woman of the Year award at a ceremony in London. 42-year-old and Britain’s Indian-origin Home Secretary Suella Braverman was appointed to the Cabinet earlier this month by British Prime Minister Liz Truss.
- it was the “honour of her life” to take on the new role at the Asian Achievers Awards (AAA) 2022 ceremony.
- It is dedicated to the memory of the late monarch who passed away recently.
- Braverman is the London-born daughter of Tamil mother Uma and Goan-origin father Christie Fernandes.
- Professor Sir Shankar Balasubramanian was named Professional of Year for his pioneering DNA sequencing discovery.
Uttar Pradesh gets awarded Ayushmann Utkrishta award 2022
Uttar Pradesh was awarded the Ayushmann Utkrishta award 2022 today for adding various health facilities to the health facility register. Uttar Pradesh state has been the best-performing state in the country with 28728 Health facilities added to the National health facility register.
- Uttar Pradesh has opened around two crores of Ayushman Bharat Health Accounts (ABHA), making it the second state in the nation to do so.
- Karnataka was ranked in second place with 23,838 healthcare facilities, followed by Andhra Pradesh (13,335), Maharashtra (12,902), Bihar (12,453); Madhya Pradesh (12,268); West Bengal (11,607), Chhattisgarh (9,349), Telangana (7,988), and Gujarat (7,791).
Britannia appointed in Rajneet Kohli as CEO & Varun Berry as its MD
India’s largest bakery foods company Britannia Industries has announced the appointment of Rajneet Kohli as executive director and chief executive officer effective September 26, 2022. Ranjeet Kohli served in numerous senior leadership roles during his 25-year-long career in Asian Paints and Coca-Cola and joins Britannia from food services company Jubilant FoodWorks.
- Also, The Board appointed Varun Berry as executive vice-chairman and managing director with immediate effect.
- Varun Berry is having of work experience of 27 years with premier companies like Hindustan Unilever, PepsiCo, etc.
Giorgia Meloni as Italy’s first woman prime minister
Giorgia Meloni becomes Italy’s first woman prime minister with around 25 per cent of the vote and will lead the country’s first far right-led government since World War II.
- Giorgia Meloni joined a local youth section of the Italian Social Movement (MSI), created by supporters of the disgraced fascist dictator Benito Mussolini at the age of 15.
- In 2012, Meloni left the group and co-founded Brothers of Italy, named after the opening lines of the national anthem.
Bank of Baroda launches Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins
India’s leading public sector bank Bank of Baroda (BOB) has announced the launch of ‘Khushiyon ka Tyohaar’ — its annual festive campaign with a range of offers as the festive season starts.
- Under Khushiyon ka Tyohaar’ campaign, the Bank of Baroda will offer attractive interest rates on home loans and car loans.
- It will also waive/discount processing charges and other benefits.
- Bank of Baroda home loans can be received at a competitive interest rate beginning at 7.95% p.a. with no processing charges.
- Bank of Baroda car loan offers is at a special rate starting from 7.95% p.a. — a 25 basis points concession.
S&P Global Ratings: Retains India’s FY23 GDP Growth at 7.3%
As per the S&P Global Ratings, India’s economic growth projection will remain at 7.3% for FY23 and 6.5 percent for the next fiscal year. S&P Global also said that higher interest rates will put pressure on central banks in the APAC region in the form of capital outflows and currency depreciation.
- S&P Global Ratings estimated inflation is likely to remain above the upper tolerance limit of 6% till the end of 2022 on the inflation projection.
- The Reserve Bank predicts the Indian economy will grow 7.2% in the current fiscal (April-March). The growth last year (2021-22) was 8.7%.
- Several other agencies such as ADB, Fitch Ratings and Citigroup, have already slashed India’s growth projections to either 7% or below.
PM Modi virtually inaugurated the National Conference of Ministers of EF&CC in Gujarat
Prime Minister Modi has inaugurated a two-day National Conference of Ministers of Environment, Forest and Climate Change held in Ekta Nagar, Gujarat. The Conference focused on the field of renewable energy, but also guided other nations of the world.
- the states should own the initiatives like Vehicle Scrapping policy, and biofuel measures such as ethanol blending and help to strengthen them on the ground.
- the two-day conference has been organised to contribute to the vision of a self-reliant India by working as a team.
SCIENCE & TECH AFFAIRS
IOCL becomes 1st Oil Marketing Company to produce and market AVGAS 100 LL in India
IndianOil has become the first oil marketing company to produce and market AVGAS 100 LL. AVGAS 100 LL is a special aviation fuel meant for piston engine aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs launched AVGAS 100 LL, a special aviation fuel meant for piston engine aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles during the event hosted by IndianOil at Hindon Airforce Station in the presence of General (Dr.) V. K. Singh (Retd.) Minister of State for Civil Aviation and Road Transport and Highways.
- IOCL has come up with AVGas 100 fuel which was imported so far at huge cost Under Prime Minister’s Atmanirbhar Bharat vision.
HAL’s rocket engine manufacturing facility inaugurated in Karnataka
President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated An Integrated Cryogenic Engine Manufacturing Facility (ICMF). ICMF was set up by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to cater to the entire rocket engine production under one roof for the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). Karnataka Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, ISRO Chairman S Somanath, HAL Chairman and Managing Director C B Ananthakrishnan were also present at the event.
- The state-of-the-art ICMF has been established over an area of 4,500 square metres and houses over 70 hi-tech equipment and testing facilities for manufacturing cryogenic (CE20) and semi-cryogenic (SE2000) engines of Indian rockets.
World Tourism Day 2022
Every year, World Tourism Day 2022 is observed on 27 September across the world aimed at promoting tourism in various parts of the world. the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) initiated this day. World Tourism Day aims to promote tourism and understand its importance and make people understand the joy of exploring the world. It is an extremely important event.
- The theme of World Tourism Day 2022 is ‘Rethinking Tourism’, understanding the growth of the tourism sector and reviewing and redeveloping tourism after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In 1979, The World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) started World Tourism Day and officially celebrations began in 1980.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** END ********