Today Top Current Affairs 25 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 25th November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Read: हिंदी करेंट अफेयर्स 25 नवंबर 2021
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 25th November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Pralhad Joshi inaugurates E-portal of an accreditation scheme for minerals exploration
On 23rd November 2021, The Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs Union Minister Pralhad Joshi has inaugurated the E-portal of an accreditation scheme for Mineral exploration.
- It will help in considering further policy reforms to bring about more growth in the mining sector of the country.
- It will help in considering more incentives to the State Governments to give more fillip to mining process.
- Joshi also presented awards to 5-star rated mines for sustainable mining practices and all-around performance.
- He also handed over 52 Geological Survey of India (GSI) approved mine blocks to 15 State governments.
SDG Urban Index and Dashboard 2021-22: Shimla tops the index
On 23rd November 2021, NITI Aayog has launched the inaugural Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Urban Index & Dashboard (2021-22) with the help of NITI Aayog- GIZ and BMZ. SDG Urban Index & Dashboard 2021-22 aims to further strengthen Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) localization and institute robust SDG monitoring at the city level.
- The interactive dashboard can be accessed here: http://sdgindiaindex.niti.gov.in/urban
- The index and dashboard are a result of the NITI Aayog-GIZ and BMZ collaboration focused on driving SDG localization in our cities, under the umbrella of Indo-German Development Cooperation.
- The SDG Urban Index and Dashboard rank 56 urban areas 77 SDG indicators across 46 targets of the SDG framework.
India and ADB sign $300 million loan agreement to improve primary health care in India
The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $300 million loan. the agreement will help in strengthening and improving access to comprehensive primary health care in urban areas of 13 states.
- The programme will be implemented in urban areas across 13 states: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and West Bengal.
- It will also benefit more than 256 million urban dwellers including 51 million from slum areas.
NASA Launches Spacecraft That Will Crash Into Asteroid
USA’ Space agency NASA has launched a mission named DART (Double Asteroid Redirection Test) to smash a spacecraft into an asteroid – the world’s first to test asteroid-deflecting technology. DART will crash into the asteroid to alter its speed and course.
- The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket was taken off from Vandenberg Space Force Base, California with the DART (Double Asteroid Redirection Test) experiment.
About NASA –
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
“Resolved: Uniting Nations in a Divided World” autobiography by Ban Ki-moon
The former United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has released his autobiography titled ‘Resolved: Uniting Nations in a Divided World’.
- It highlights how Ban became a man of peace from a child of war.
- The Book also narrates life experiences and challenges that the author faced in his life & elaborates his tenure in the United Nations (UN).
- The book has been published by HarperCollins India.
Cooking to Save your Life book by Abhijit Banerjee
Nobel Prize-winning economist Abhijit Banerjee has released his new book titled “Cooking To Save Your Life”.
- The book has been illustrated by France based illustrator Cheyenne Oliver is published by Juggernaut Books.
- Abhijit Banerjee is a professor of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Abhijit Banerjee was honored with the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 2019 along with Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty.
Magdalena Andersson becomes first female Prime Minister of Sweden
Magdalena Andersson has been elected as the first woman prime minister of Sweden during the Parliamentary election on November 24, 2021. Magdalena Andersson is a Social Democratic party leader.
- Magdalena Andersson will replace incumbent Prime Minister Stefan Lofven.
- Magdalena is serving as the current Finance Minister of the country, and will assume the post of PM on 26th November 2021 (Friday).
Tamil Nadu won 2021-22 Syed Mushtaq Ali Cricket Trophy, defeats Karnataka
Tamil Nadu has won the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy for 2021-22, defeated Karnataka in the finals by four wickets, and This is the 3rd Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy title for the Tamil Nadu cricket team.
- The final match of 2021-22 Syed Mushtaq Ali Cricket Trophy was played at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in New Delhi on November 22, 2021.
- The Player of the match title was received by Shahrukh Khan (Tamil Nadu).
Alexander Zverev wins his second ATP Finals title, beat Daniil Medvedev
Germany’s Alexander Zverev has won the 2021 ATP Finals title in the men’s singles finals. he beat World No.2 Daniil Medvedev of Russia, 6-4, 6-4 in Tennis. the 2021 ATP Final was held at Turin in Italy.
- Zverev won first title in 2018, and this is second Nitto ATP Finals title.
- In men’s double, Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut of France won the title and defeated Rajeev Ram (US) and Joe Salisbury (UK).
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2021
Every year, International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on 25 November across the world. the main purpose of this day is to increase awareness of the suffering of women worldwide.
- it also marks to prevent and respond to violence against women and to apprise people about the basic human rights of women and gender equality.
- The theme of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women this year is “Orange the World: End Violence Against Women Now!”. The colour orange symbolises a more hopeful future for a free of violence society for women and girls.
<< Read Full News Here >>