Today Top Current Affairs 26 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 26th November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 26th November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
15th Biennial Trilateral Coast Guard Exercise ‘Dosti’ Between India, Maldives & Sri Lanka
The 15th edition of the biennial Trilateral Coast Guard Exercise ‘Dosti’ has concluded on 24th November 2021. the Exercise was conducted between the Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka from November 20 to 24 in the Maldives.
- The main purpose of the exercise is to strengthen the friendship, enhance mutual operational capability, and interoperability and is to build cooperation between the Coast Guards of the three nations.
- Indian Coast Guard has been represented by ICGS Vajra and ICGS Apoorva.
Rajnath Singh inaugurates 5th World Congress on Disaster Management at IIT Delhi virtually
The Union Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh Ji has inaugurated The fifth (5th) edition of the World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM) virtually on November 24, 2021.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi campus conducted the event from November 24-27, 2021.
- It is a unique initiative of Disaster Management Initiatives and Convergence Society (DMICS) Hyderabad.
- It brings researchers, policy makers and practitioners from around the world on a common platform in order to discuss various challenging issues of disaster risk management.
- In 2008, The first WCDM was organized in Hyderabad and was inaugurated by Former Indian President Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam.
Centre extends Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) till March 2022
The Union Cabinet has approved the extension for the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY-Phase V) for a period of another 4 months i.e. December 2021 till March 2022.
- With the help of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY-Phase V), all the beneficiaries will be provided 5 kg per person per month free of cost under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) [Antodaya Anna Yojana & Priority Households.
- The Union Cabinet was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The PMGKAY scheme for Phase V from December 2021 till March, 2022 would entail an estimated additional food subsidy of Rs. 53344.52 Crore
ADB approves $1.5 bn loans to India for COVID-19 vaccine procurement
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has given its approval for a $1.5 billion loan (approx Rs 11,185 crore) to the Government of India. the loan amount will help in purchasing safe and effective vaccines against the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- India will procure at least 66.7 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses for an estimated 31.7 crore people of the country.
‘Conversations’ book by Art historian BN Goswamy
Renowned art historian and critic Brijinder Nath Goswamy has released his new book titled ‘Conversations’, which is based on and around the Indian arts.
- The full name of the book is “Conversations: India’s Leading Art Historian Engages with 101 themes, and More”.
- The new book will be published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI) and will be out in 2022.
- Goswamy has explored a wide range of subjects on or around the arts, and also invites those interested and literate in arts but also the general readers who want to take a dive into the field of the arts.
Former South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan died at 90
Former South Korean military strongman Chun Doo-hwan has taken his last breath at the age of 90. he was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and blood cancer.
- He took power in a 1979 coup and brutally crushed pro-democracy protests before going to prison for misdeeds while in office.
- He served as the 5th president of South Korea from 1980 to 1988.
National Milk Day 2021
Every year, “National Milk Day” is celebrated on 26th November in India. this day commemorates the birth anniversary of the Father of India’s White Revolution, Dr Verghese Kurien.
- As well College of Dairy Science & Technology (CODST) and Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) will conduct the “Milk Adulteration Testing Camp” on 25 and 26 November 2021 on the ocassion of the National Milk Day.
- The main purpose of National Milk Day is to provide information regarding the need and importance of milk in human’s life.
- We all know that Milk is the first food that a child drinks after the birth.
Indian Constitution Day 2021
Every year, Constitution Day is observed on November 26 in India. this day is also known as ‘Samvidhan Diwas’. the day aims to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India. On November 26, 1949, the Constitution was adopted and it came into effect on January 26, 1950.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Indian Constitution Day celebration on November 26, 2018 in New Delhi, the celebration was organised by the Supreme Court.
- In 2015, Indian govt decided to celebrate November 26 as Constitution Day to promote constitutional values among citizens.
- The First law minister of India Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was appointed as the chairman of the constitution drafting committee in 1947 and was granted the responsibility of writing the country’s new constitution.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|