Today Top Current Affairs 24 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 24 June 2021: Daily Current Affairs 24th June 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams.
Odisha CM launches special scheme to provide financial support to orphans
The CM of Odisha state Shri Minister Naveen Patnaik has made an announcement to start a special scheme named “Aashirbad“ to provide financial support to the orphans.
- Aashirbad Scheme will help in offering financial support to orphan children, who have lost their parents.
- The beneficiaries will receive different slabs of financial support (maximum being Rs. 2500 per month).
M.K.Stalin inaugurates Minnagam consumer grievance redressal center in Chennai
M.K.Stalin, The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, has made the inauguration of Minnagam, a consumer grievance redressal center in Chennai. The electricity consumers will be able to lodge their reports through mobile phones.
- The centre will operate for 24 hours and will solve the received complaints.
- The centre will send All the complaints to the related executive engineers in the districts.
- Apart from this, M.K.Stalin also has launched a scheme for Sri Lankan Tamils living in the state. the state govt will provide Rs. 4000 as Covid relief to each family under this scheme.
- The Govt will spend Rs 5.42 crore on the scheme.
Gujarat approves Rs 102 cr scheme to prevent marine salinity entering in coastal villages of Saurashtra
The state govt of Gujarat has given its in-principle approval to a scheme worth 102 crore rupees. the scheme aims to prevent marine salinity from entering the coastal villages of Saurashtra.
- The Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani approved the scheme in keeping the view of the long-term interest of lakhs of citizens and villages in the area.
- Under this scheme, The govt plans to make around 2100 hectares of land in 23 villages of Gir Somnath district more fertile.
Five Divyangta Khel Kendras’s establishment in India
The govt has decided to establish five Divyangta Khel Kendras in different parts of the country.
- The govt has taken this decision looking at the interest towards the sports among the Divyangjan and their good performance in Paralympics, Social Justice, and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot said.
- Under the Scholarship program benefitting 2808 beneficiaries, The Govt of India has allocated 8.06 crore rupees fund to Gujarat.
- Thaawarchand Gehlot also said that Under the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan, 709 Railway stations, 10,175 Bus Stations, and 683 websites have been covered.
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani e-launches Agricultural Diversification Scheme-2021
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani e-launched Agricultural Diversification Scheme-2021 benefiting Vanbandhu- farmers in tribal areas in the Gujarat State.
- The farmers will be given fertilizer-seed assistance of Rs. 31 crores in which 45 kg of urea, 50 kg of NPK, and 50 kg of ammonium Sulphate under this scheme.
- Moreover, the farmers will be provided Seeds of crops such as maize, Bitter Melon (karela), Calabash (dudhi), tomato, millet, and so on.
AP Governor releases Special Postal Cover on International Yoga Day
The Governor of Andhra Pradesh Shri Biswa Bhusan Harichandan has introduced a Special Postal Cover brought out by India Post. AP Governor released it on the occasion of International Yoga Day at a program organized in Raj Bhavan.
- Yoga is a 5,000-year-old tradition that originated in our country that combines physical, mental, and spiritual pursuits to achieve harmony of the body and mind. AP Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan said.
NHRC set up a 7-member committee to investigate complaints of post-poll violence in West Bengal
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has created a seven-member committee in order to enquire into the complaints of post-poll violence in West Bengal state. Rajeev Jain will be the head of this committee.
- The committee will role to investigate all cases of post-poll violence in the state.
2-Days summit on Green Hydrogen initiatives
India will host a two-day summit on Green Hydrogen initiatives. the main aim of this summit is to share their respective Green Hydrogen initiatives and views on how to take it to the next level in their own countries.
- The NTPC will anchor this event.
Sports University, Patiala will establish Milkha Singh Chair
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has announced that Milkha Singh Chair will be set up after Milkha Singh’s name at the Sports University, Patiala. recently, Milkha Singh has passed away due to Covid-19 complications. Milka Singh was a legendary track and field athlete.
Samsung Sets up Display Manufacturing Unit in Uttar Pradesh
Samsung has finished the construction of the display manufacturing unit. Samsung has shifted this unit from China to Noida in Uttar Pradesh (India).
- The Unit will help in boosting the Make in India initiative. Samsung will also emphasize manufacturing products on Indian soil under the ‘Make in India’ program.
HPCL will establish a grain-based ethanol plant in Himachal’s Una district
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has planned to establish a grain-based ethanol plant in the Una district in Himachal Pradesh.
- The plant will have a capacity of 125 KL ethanol per day.
- 400 crore rupees will be spent on these projects and will offer direct and indirect employment to about 300 persons, Chief Minister Jairam Thakur said
Science and Technology News
Sakshama COVID helpline for specially able
Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister Dr. C N Ashwatha Narayana has started off the Sakshama COVID helpline for specially-abled in Bengaluru.
- The specially-abled persons can make a call on a dedicated COVID helpline i.e. 0120- 690-4999 and can take the benefits of Government welfare programs.
ARDE, Pune develops State-of-the-Art Canopy Severance System
Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune has developed a State-of-the-art Canopy Severance System (CSS) with the help of the High Energy Material Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune. the Canopy Severance System (CSS) will be used for the indigenously developed LCA Tejas and Trainer Aircraft, HJT-36 Aircraft, and HTT-40 Aircraft.
- The Canopy Severance System (CSS) will help pilots in smooth escaping in the shortest possible time.
- The Canopy Severance System (CSS) is an escape path clearance system for the pilot in case of emergencies on the aircraft.
Prestigious CEU Open Society Prize For 2021 to KK Shailaja
The former Health Minister of Kerala KK Shailaja has been honored with The Central European University (CEU) Open Society Prize for 2021.
- She received the award at a virtual convocation of the University’s 30th Graduation Ceremony, held in Vienna.
- She got the award for her community-based public health work and determined leadership at saving lives during the pandemic.
Armenia’s PM (acting), Nikol Pashinyan Won the parliamentary election
The Acting Prime Minister of Armenia, Nikol Pashinyan has won the parliamentary election and he got 53.92 percent votes in the parliamentary election.
Former Indian Athletics Team Coach Yuri Ogorodnik Dies
Former Indian athletics coach Yuri Ogorodnik has passed away at the age of 84 in Ukraine. he was suspended for his alleged involvement in the infamous 2011 dope scandal.
- Yuri Ogorodnik had trained the Indian athletes during his multiple stints.