Today Top Current Affairs 25 & 26 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Scheme for Special Assistance to States for Capital Investment for 2022-23
Indian Govt has launched a Scheme Special Assistance to States for Capital Investment for 2022-23. Under this Scheme, States Governments will be provided financial assistance in the form of a 50-year interest-free loan for capital investment projects.
- Rs 3000 Crore is earmarked and will be available to States for capital projects on Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) network under Part V (Optical Fibre Cable) of the Scheme.
- Department of Expenditure recently approved proposals of four States namely Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Haryana and Karnataka with the allocation as 50 Cr, 84 Cr, 65 Cr and 156 Cr respectively.
India’s First Forest University to be Established in Telangana
India’s 1st & World’s 3rd University of Forestry will be opened in Telangana. The Telangana legislative assembly approved the University of Forestry (UOF) Act 2022 and as per the act, The ‘University of Forestry (UOF) will be the first of its kind in India. With only Russia and China having forest universities in the world and this will be the third university of forestry in the world.
- The Telangana Govt decided to expand the Forestry College and Research Institute (FCRI) in Hyderabad.
- After upgrading FCRI to University, it will have additional 18 programmes including a PhD, diploma, and certificate courses in Urban Forestry, Nursery Management, Agro-Forestry, Tribal livelihood enhancement, Forest entrepreneurship, Climate-smart Forestry & Forest Parks Management.
- The number of students will be increased to 726.
World Bank Approves $350 Million for Gujarat’s Health Sector
World Bank has approved a $350 million or over ₹2,832 crore loan to Gujarat in order to augment health services with a special focus on adolescent girls and disease surveillance in the state.
- The loan amount provided by the World Bank will be utilized through the state government’s Systems Reform Endeavours For Transformed Health Achievement In Gujarat (SRESTHA-G) programme.
- Systems Reform Endeavours For Transformed Health Achievement In Gujarat (SRESTHA-G) programme will help in enabling more people to access a wider range of high-quality health services.
- At present, Gujarat is offering 7 health services to its citizens including reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, communicable and non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
Vitamin Angels India partners with UNICEF India for Poshan Maah 2022
Vitamin Angels India has partnered with UNICEF India for Poshan Maah 2022. the partnership aims to implement a comprehensive, unified outreach and awareness program to enhance nutritional content, delivery, outreach, and outcomes with a renewed focus on fostering health, wellness, and immunity to disease and undernutrition and is to keep in line with the POSHAN Maah campaign by the central government.
- Vitamin Angel partners hosted 160 activities on nutrition-related awareness and action and have reached over 1,00,000 people during this campaign.
- The campaign included awareness campaigns, screening films and videos on nutritional needs and awareness, Poshan (nutrition) rallies, capacity-building sessions for pregnant women, ASHA workers and other stakeholders on prenatal care and malnutrition, administering Vitamin A and Albendazole supplements for children, community theatre and plays, mass nutrition oath, workshops on a balanced diet.
Cochin International Airport Limited won Airport Service Quality Award 2022
The Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) received the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) award 2022 by the Airport Council International (ACI) in the 5-15 million passenger category of airports operating in the Asia-Pacific region and is considered to be the highest honour in the global aviation sector.
- Airport Service Quality (ASQ) award 2022 is for its implementation of the ‘Mission Safeguarding’ programme in order to ensure seamless traffic and reinforced passenger satisfaction in the aftermath of the pandemic.
- Managing Director of CIAL S Suhas IAS received the award by the ACI World Director General Luis Felipe de Oliveira at a function held at Krakow, Poland, on September 14th, 2022.
Dilip Tirkey elected new Hockey India president
Olympian and Asian Games medalist Dilip Tirkey has been appointed as the president of Hockey India unopposed. his opponents Rakesh Katyal, Uttar Pradesh Hockey chief and Bola Nath Singh, Jharkhand Hockey chief, withdrew nominations. The Hockey India elections were to be conducted on October 1st, 2022.
- Bola Nath Singh was elected as the Secretary-General of Hockey India.
- Hockey Pro League matches will be commenced on 28 October 2022 and the FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023, which is scheduled to commence on 13 January 2023
Chief Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari appointed as chairman of PMLA appellate tribunal
The Centre has appointed Justice M N Bhandari as the Chairman of the Appellate Tribunal under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) for a period of 04 years, or till attaining the age of seventy years, or until further orders. Justice Bhandari retired on September 12. The post of the Chairperson of the Tribunal was vacant since September 2019.
- Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance issued an order.
- The Tribunal for Forfeiture of Property under the SAFEMA and the PMLA Appellate Tribunal were merged in 2016 through the Finance Act, 2016.
- Justice Bhandari was appointed a judge of the Rajasthan High Court in July 2007.
- He was transferred to the Allahabad High Court in March 2019.
NPCI re-appoints Dilip Asbe as MD & CEO for 5 years
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has decided to reappoint Dilip Asbe as the managing director and chief executive officer (MD&CEO) of the company for a period of five years with effect from January 8, 2023.
- NPCI approved the reappointment of Dilip Asbe as the MD&CEO of NPCI for a period of five years at its annual general meeting held on September 22nd, 2022.
- Asbe assumed the charge as MD&CEO of NPCI in January 2018.
- He also served as the firm’s chief operating officer for close to 5 years.
- He also served as the chief technology officer.
Dr Rajiv Bahl appointed ICMR Director General for 3 years
Dr Rajiv Bahl has been appointed as Director General of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Secretary of the Department of Health Research for a period of three years after Dr M Srinivas was appointed the director of AIIMS-New Delhi. currently, Dr Rajiv Bahl is with the World Health Organisation.
- At present, Bahl is serving as the Head of Research on Maternal, Newborn Child and Adolescent Health-cum-Newborn Unit Head, Department of Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent Health and Ageing, at the WHO in Geneva.
- Dr Rajiv Bahl approved the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet to the post of Director General, ICMR-cum-Secretary Department of Health Research for a period of three years, with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post or until further orders.
HDFC ERGO partners with HDFC Life to offer all-round protection to customers
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited has partnered with HDFC Life to launch Click2Protect Optima secure to offer all-around protection to customers on 23rd September 2022. HDFC ERGO will offer un-complicated financial planning for customers by offering the term life insurance with a minimum sum assured of ₹50,000 under the partnership.
- Customers will have a sum insured ranging from ₹5 Lakh to ₹2 Crore under the health insurance component.
- HDFC ERGO and life insurance by HDFC Life will service this plan with ‘Individual’ and ‘Family Floater’ options.
- Click2Protect Optima Secure will enable customers to get a one-stop solution for their insurance needs – both life and health.
UCO Bank becomes the first lender to get RBI’s approval for rupee trade
Public sector lender UCO Bank has become the first bank to receive regulator’s approval following the RBI’s decision to allow Indian banks to settle trade in Indian currency in July. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) gave the approval to open a special Vostro account with Gazprombank of Russia for trade settlement in Indian rupees.
- In 2012, the Union govt selected UCO Bank as the payment bank for oil imports from Iran.
- world’s largest gas producer and exporter Gazprom established a Russian lender for providing banking services for gas industry enterprises and has been operating since 1990.
- Gazprombank provides a whole range of banking and investment services to over 45,000 corporate and three million private clients.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** END ********