Chief Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari appointed as chairman of PMLA appellate tribunal – The Centre has appointed Justice M N Bhandari as the Chairman of the Appellate Tribunal under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) for a period of 04 years, or till attaining the age of seventy years, or until further orders. Justice Bhandari retired on September 12. The post of the Chairperson of the Tribunal was vacant since September 2019.
- Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance issued an order.
- The Tribunal for Forfeiture of Property under the SAFEMA and the PMLA Appellate Tribunal were merged in 2016 through the Finance Act, 2016.
- Justice Bhandari was appointed a judge of the Rajasthan High Court in July 2007.
- He was transferred to the Allahabad High Court in March 2019.
- He was appointed the Acting Chief Justice of that high Court in June 2019.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers