Today Top Current Affairs 24 June 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
PM Modi Launches NIRYAT Portal to Access Export Records, Inaugurates Vanijya Bhawan
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the NIRYAT portal for dealing with the import and export analysis of India. NIRYAT stands for National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade. NIRYAT portal will provide important real-time data to all stakeholders, Modi said after launching the portal.
- NIRYAT will act as a one-stop platform for stakeholders for easy access to critical information related to India’s foreign trade by the Centre.
- PM Modi also inaugurated the Vanijya Bhawan at New Delhi.
- Union minister of commerce and industry Piyush Goyal was also present during the event.
Culture Minister G Kishan Reddy launched “Jyotirgamaya” festival in New Delhi
Union Culture Minister G. Kishan Reddy has launched a festival celebrating the brilliance of underappreciated performers named “Jyotirgamaya“. Sangeet Natak Akademi has conducted the Jyotirgamaya festival as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and on the occasion of World Music Day in order to highlight the talent of rare musical instruments from India, including street performers and train entertainers.
- The festival aims to boost awareness among attendees of the need of preserving both the production and playing of rare musical instruments.
World Bank approved Project to boost rain-fed agriculture in Uttarakhand
The World Bank has given its approval for a project worth ₹1,000 crores for taking rain-fed farming to new heights in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand.
- The name of this project is Uttarakhand Climate Responsive Rain-fed Farming Project and will be implemented by the watershed department.
- Uttarakhand Climate Responsive Rain-fed Farming Project aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions with funding from the World Bank.
- The project will also help in springshed management, boosting agricultural productivity, controlling migration and promoting cluster-based agriculture.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates seismological observatory at Udhampur
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has launched the Seismology Observatory in the Dandayal neighbourhood of the Udhampur district. The Ministry of Earth Sciences has spent 20 lakh rupees to establish the 3rd such Center in J&K.
- Indian govt will open 100 more such seismological centres in the next five years for improving real-time data monitoring and data collection.
26th Sindhu Darshan Yatra starts in Leh, Ladakh
26th Sindhu Darshan Yatra will begin on Thursday with the welcoming of the yatris in Leh, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, RSS Senior Leader Indresh Kumar said.
- After Ladakh became a Union Territory, yatris from all over the nation will see the rapid development.
- Jagadguru Shankaracharya of Bhadrika Ashram of Joshi Math, Shri Shri 1008 Vasudevand Ji will be the chief guest and will inaugurate 26th Sindhu Darshan in Leh.
Lisa Sthalekar becomes first female president of FICA
Former Australia cricketer Lisa Sthalekar has become the first female president of FICA. the decision to appointing of Lisa Sthalekar was taken at a meeting of the organisation’s executive committee in Switzerland.
- Sthalekar has joined the list of former cricketers such as Barry Richards, Jimmy Adams and Vikram Solanki to have held the post of FICA president.
- Sthalekar has played 8 Tests, 125 ODIs and 54 T20Is for Australia between 2001 and 2013 and finished her career with a World Cup win.
- In 2021, she was inducted into the Australian cricket hall of fame and has been a regular member of the broadcasting media around the world.
P Udayakumar assumed charge as NSIC’s Chairman and Managing Director
P Udayakumar, Director (Plng and Mktg), NSIC, has assumed the charge of an additional responsibility as CMD NSIC with effect from 20th June 2022. He has a mechanical engineering degree from the College of Engineering in Guindy.
- He is a postgraduate degree from IIM Bangalore and has 12 years of service on the Board.
- P UdayaKumar has participated in numerous Ministry of MSME programmes and NSIC’s success narrative.
- Udaya Kumar is on the Investment Committee of the SRI Fund, a PE growth fund under the Ministry of MSME.
Dr D J Pandian appointed to lead NDB’s India Regional Office in Gift City
Shanghai-headquartered New Development Bank (NDB) has announced to appoint of former bureaucrat Dr D J Pandian as the Director-General of its India Regional Office in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City).
- Prior to this, Pandian has served as the Vice President and Chief Investment Officer of the Beijing-based Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in which India is the 2nd largest shareholder after China.
- In January, He was succeeded by former RBI Governor Urjit Patel.
- Pandian served as Chief Secretary of Gujarat and is a retired IAS officer
Ranjit Bajaj named as chairman of the Advisory Committee overseeing AIFF
Entrepreneur Ranjit Bajaj has been elected to chairman of advisory committee to assist the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) which is running the day-to-day affairs of All India Football Federation (AIFF).
- Bajaj will also serve as the chairman of the advisory committee and integrity matters.
- The CoA appointed a 12-member advisory committee that will oversee the day-to-day matters of various departments of the AIFF.
Coursera Global Skills Report 2022: India ranked 68th
As per the Coursera Global Skills Report (GSR) 2022, India’s proficiency in data science has reduced from 38% in 2021 to 26% in 2022 and causing to lead to a 12-rank drop. India has slipped 4 places to be ranked 68th globally and 19th in Asia in terms of overall skills proficiency. Global Skills Report (GSR) 2022 by Coursera states that India has improved its technology proficiency levels from 38% to 46%, improving its position by six spots.
- West Bengal is leading the Indian states in terms of skills proficiency with the state showing the highest levels of digital skills proficiency in India.
- Andhra Pradesh state is among the top 3 performing states with high proficiency in business and technology skills.
Europe’s Arianespace launches India’s GSAT-24 to enhance television viewings
The Ariane-5 rocket launched India’s GSAT-24 a Ku-band 4-ton class communications satellite built by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) for NewSpace India Limited (NSIL). The mission carried a multi-mission telecommunications satellite named “MEASAT-3d” built by Airbus Defence and Space.
- GSAT-24 is a communications satellite built by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for New Space India Limited (NSIL).
- GSAT-24 is the 1st demand-driven satellite configured by Isro, owned, operated, and funded by NSIL for commercial users.
RBL Bank board approves appointment of Subramaniakumar as MD & CEO
The board of directors of RBL Bank has approved the appointment of R Subramaniakumar as Managing Director and CEO of the bank for a period of three years with effect from June 23, 2022, and will replace Vishwavir Ahuja, whose’s term as the MD and CEO ended on June 23, 2022.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the appointment of Subramaniakumar as MD and CEO of RBL Bank on 10th June 2022.
Freo partners with Equitas Small Finance Bank to launch digital savings account
Bengaluru-based neo banking platform Freo has partnered with Equitas Small Finance Bank to launch its digital savings account ‘Freo Save’. In India, It has become the first consumer neobank to provide full-stack neo-banking products, including smart savings accounts, credit and payments products, cards and wealth-growth products.
- Freo Save will offer quick access to credit & shopping and through its partnership with Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- It will provide up to 7% interest on customer savings for balances above ₹5 lakh up to ₹2 crore.
- Freo Save will be available in multiple Indian languages, including English, Hindi, and Tamil.
South Indian Bank launches EXIM trade portal, SIB TF Online
South Indian Bank has launched a new portal called ‘SIB TF Online’ for its corporate EXIM customers. ‘SIB TF Online’ portal aims to act as a platform for trade-related payments to foreign entities remotely.
- The customer will be able to initiate the payment request over SIB TF Online after uploading the relevant supporting documents for the transaction.
- SIB TF Online will accomplish the bank’s operations more tech-driven.
Karnataka Bank launches “V-CIP” for account opening
Karnataka Bank has launched an online savings bank (SB) account opening facility through the ‘Video-based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP)’. Video-based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP)’ facility will help in empowering prospective customers to open an SB account through an online process and completing KYC (know your customer) verification through a video call at their place of convenience.
- It will be an end-to-end paperless digital process and will leverage the bank’s API (Application Programming Interface) that auto-fills the account opening form, validates PAN/Aadhaar number instantly and completes the KYC process through a video call.
Rumeli Dhar retires from all forms of international cricket
India seam bowling all-rounder Rumeli Dhar has decided to retire from all forms of international cricket. 38-year-old Rumeli featured in 18 T20Is, 78 ODIs and four Tests for India.
- Dhar made her international debut in 2003 against England and played an ODI in Lincoln.
- She scored 1328 runs and picked 84 wickets in 100 matches across matches for India.
International Widows Day 2022
Every year, International Widows Day is observed on 23rd June to raise awareness among people regarding the issue of widowhood and this day also addresses the “poverty and injustice faced by millions of widows and their dependents in many countries”.
- The Theme of International Widows Day 2022 is “Sustainable Solutions for Widows Financial Independence”.
United Nations Public Service Day 2022
Every year, United Nations Public Service Day is observed on June 23rd with the purpose to honor the value of public service to the common people. also, this day marks as a tribute to the people who are connected with public service in all the counties of the world.
- On this day, the United Nations (UN) organizes a Public Service Awards ceremony to honour public service institutions worldwide for their contributions.
- The theme 2022 for this event is “Building back better from COVID-19: Enhancing innovative partnerships to meet the Sustainable Development Goals.”
International Olympic Day 2022
Every year, International Olympics Day is observed on 23rd June across the world in order to mark sports and health. it also highlights the day when International Olympic Committee was established in the year 1894. The main purpose of this day is to promote sports and also convey the message of making sports an integral part of life.
- The theme 2022 for the International Olympic Day is “Together For A Peaceful World”, representing the ability of sports to bring the world together and dimmish the differences.
World Music Day 2022
Every year, World Music Day is celebrated on June 21 across the world. the day cherishes the spirit of music, the vibrancy of vocals and the melody of instruments.
- the day is marked by 120 countries, including India, Italy, Greece, Russia, Australia, Peru, Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Canada, the United States, the UK, Japan, China and Malaysia.
- The theme for World Music Day 2022 is “Music on the intersections”.
Daily Current Affairs 24th June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.