Today Top Current Affairs 23 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
GoI to launch PM-PRANAM Scheme to Reduce Usage of Chemical Fertilizers
The Union government plans to introduce a new scheme – PM PRANAM in order to reduce the use of chemical fertilisers by incentivising states. PM PRANAM stands for PM Promotion of Alternate Nutrients for Agriculture Management Yojana.
- The main purpose of this scheme is to reduce the subsidy burden on chemical fertilisers, which is expected to increase to Rs 2.25 lakh crore in 2022-2023, which is 39% higher than the previous year’s figure of Rs 1.62 lakh crore.
- PM PRANAM scheme will not have a separate budget.
- It will be funded by the “savings of existing fertiliser subsidy” under schemes run by the Department of fertilisers.
Govt forms 5-member committee to review pharma marketing practices
The central government has a five-member committee, aimed at considering a “legally enforceable” mechanism for regulating the marketing practices of pharmaceutical firms. V K Paul, member (health) of NITI Aayog has been elected as the head of the committee.
- The committee will submit its report in 90 days.
- It will help in examining the provisions government departments have to regulate pharmaceutical marketing practices and align interventions for implementation by the healthcare industry.
MoAFW & MoFPI Launch a Convergence Portal to support Food Processing Enterprises
Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoAFW) and the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) launched a Convergence Portal between the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF), Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PMFME) scheme and the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) at Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister, Agriculture & Farmers Welfare was also present during the launch of the convergence portal.
- It will add a new chapter to the lives of Micro Units engaged in food processing.
- It will be the milestone in achieving Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s dream of an Aatma Nirbhar Bharat and will also promote the concept of ‘Vocal For Local’.
India Gets its First Dugong Conservation Reserve in Tamil Nadu
India’s first ‘Dugong Conservation Reserve’ has been notified in Tamil Nadu in Palk Bay covering the coastal waters of Thanjavur and Pudukottai districts with an area of 448 square kilometres.
- The govt will set up a conservation reserve in the Palk Bay region off the coast of Tamil Nadu.
- their population were only about 240 such Dugongs estimated to be present in the country.
- Dugongs are the largest herbivorous marine mammals in the world and are thrived primarily on seagrass beds, a major carbon sink of the oceans.
- The population of Dugongs has declined due to habitat loss.
Govt signs MoU with Bank of Baroda & HDFC Bank to expand reach of SPARSH initiative
The government’s Defence Accounts Department (DAD) signed a memorandum of understanding with the Bank of Baroda and HDFC Bank to expand the reach of the SPARSH initiative or the System for Pension Administration (Raksha) (SPARSH) initiative. Controller of Defence Accounts (CDA)-Pensions Sham Dev and senior executives of Bank of Baroda and HDFC bank signed the MoU. defence secretary Ajay Kumar, Financial Adviser (Defence Services) Rasika Chaube and Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA Avinash Dikshit were also present.
- Over 7,900 branches of Bank of Baroda and 6,300 branches of HDFC Bank will help in providing last-mile connectivity to pensioners under the MoU.
- Service Centres will act as an interface for SPARSH for pensioners and will also provide an effective medium for pensioners to perform profile update requests, register grievances and seek redressal, digital annual identification, pensioner data verification or also simply fetch detailed information regarding their monthly pension.
India wins UN award for hypertension control initiative
India won a United Nations (UN) award for its large-scale hypertension intervention ‘India Hypertension Control Initiative (IHCI)’, under the National Health Mission that witnessed 3.4 million hypertensive people identified and put on treatment at various government health facilities.
- The ‘2022 UN Interagency Task Force, and WHO Special Programme on Primary Health Care Award’ has been declared at the UN General Assembly event in New York, USA.
- IHCI is an initiative which was started by the health ministry, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), state governments and the World Health Organization-India.
Max Life Insurance appointed Rohit Sharma & Ritika Sajdeh as Brand Ambassadors
Max Life Insurance Company Ltd has appointed Rohit Sharma, sports icon and the captain of the men’s Indian Cricket Team and his wife Ritika Sajdeh, as its brand ambassadors for a period of two years. Max Life Insurance is looking to promote the Max Life brand ethos of valuing the ‘self’ to determine the right financial value to protect themselves and their family.
- Max Life Insurance is focusing on long-term savings options and benefits to help build and strengthen the financial stability of families.
- It will also want to bolster its retirement offerings in order to aid those in their golden years.
Federal Bank Launches Facility to Enable Utility Bill Payment for NRI
Federal Bank has partnered with Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) to facilitate utility bill payment services for the NRI diaspora. The MoU will enable overseas remittance partners (exchange houses and banks) to pay Indian utility bills of over 20,000 billers in more than 20 categories in a cost-effective and convenient option.
- BBPS is a one-stop payment platform for all bills, aimed at offering an interoperable and accessible “Anytime Anywhere” bill payment service with certainty, reliability and safety of transactions.
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund Launches First Auto Index Fund
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has launched the industry’s first auto index fund, the ICICI Prudential Nifty Auto Index Fund. The new fund offer will be opened on 22 September and will be closed on 6 October 2022.
- The fund was designed to reflect the performance of the automobile sector.
- The index comprises 15 listed companies and represents auto-related sectors such as auto ancillaries and tyres too.
HDFC Bank signs multi-year data and technology deal with Refinitiv
HDFC Bank signed a multi-year data and technology agreement with Refinitiv to reach more customers and cut costs. HDFC Bank will receive comprehensive access to Refinitiv’s data and products. The agreement will help in enabling cost savings across several bank divisions.
- HDFC Bank will also enable its users with Refinitiv Workspace, which will offer access to tools including real-time market data, news and fundamentals data.
Japan’s MUFG Bank injects ₹3000 crores in India biz
Japan’s MUFG Bank has increased the capital of its branches within India by ₹3,000 crores to expand its India business. the total capital of MUFG Bank in India will rise to ₹5,207 crores after this capital injection.
- MUFG Bank aims to strengthen its financial base in India and better respond to the diverse financing needs of its clients through the funds.
- The bank established MUFG Enterprise Solutions India Pvt. Ltd as its global capability centre that supports the technology and innovation arm for MUFG in the year 2020.
- MUFG Ganesha Fund was established in March 2022 to invest exclusively in seeding Indian start-ups and in September the fund marked its first investment.
Indian Navy launches 2 Diving Support Vessels in Visakhapatnam
Two indigenously designed and built Diving Support Vessels (DSVs) – Nistar and Nipun were launched by the Indian Navy in Visakhapatnam on 22nd September 2022. The vessels has been built by Hindustan Shipyard Ltd and were launched by Kala Hari Kumar, in the presence of Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff.
- DSVs are equipped with an array of complex diving support systems and will be deployed for deep sea diving and submarine rescue operations.
- A deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV) has the capability of conducting search and rescue operations and carrying out helicopter operations at sea.
- The vessels are 118.4-m-long, and 22.8 m at the broadest point and have a displacement of 9,350 tonnes.
- the DSVs (Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV) are designed to undertake submarine rescue operations, in case a requirement exists.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AFFAIRS
ISRO tests hybrid motor aiming new propulsion system for rockets
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully tested a hybrid motor for the way for a new propulsion system for the forthcoming launch vehicles. The 30 kN hybrid motor was tested at ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) at Mahendragiri in Tamil Nadu.
- Hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB) as fuel and liquid oxygen (LOX) as the oxidiser was used in the motor.
India to host maiden Moto GP race in 2023
India will host its maiden MotoGP World Championships race which will be held at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida in 2023. MotoGP commercial rights owner Dorna and Noida-based race promoters Fairstreet Sports have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- As per the MoU, MotoGP the premier two-wheel racing event will be hosted by India for the next seven years.
- Riders from as many as 19 countries will join the event.
- The Buddh International Circuit was the Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix, held for three consecutive years from 2011 to 2013.
Former TN Assembly Speaker Sedapatti R. Muthiah Died at 77
The former Speaker of Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Sedapatti R. Muthiah passed away at the age of 77 due to prolonged illness at a private hospital in Madurai on 21st September 2022.
- Muthiah served as the Speaker during former Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa’s first regime between 1991 and 1996.
- He showed his loyalty to Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) in 2006 after being the AIADMK MLA from Sedapatti Assembly constituency in the Madurai district for four terms.
- He won a hat-trick victory in the constituency after winning the first time in 1977 after M.G.
- He won from the constituency in 1980, 1984 and 1991.
World Car Free Day 2022
Every year, World Car Free Day is celebrated on September 22 to raise environmental conservation by the means of encouraging mass transit, cycling and walking.
- In 2000, The first World Car-Free Day was marked when the Environmental Transport Association designated it as a self-standing day that is to be celebrated on September 22.
- Prior to this, World Car-Free Day used to be celebrated on the first Tuesday of Green Transport Week, which occurs in the second half of June.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.