Indian Navy launches 2 Diving Support Vessels in Visakhapatnam – Two indigenously designed and built Diving Support Vessels (DSVs) – Nistar and Nipun were launched by the Indian Navy in Visakhapatnam on 22nd September 2022. The vessels has been built by Hindustan Shipyard Ltd and were launched by Kala Hari Kumar, in the presence of Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff.
- DSVs are equipped with an array of complex diving support systems and will be deployed for deep sea diving and submarine rescue operations.
- A deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV) has the capability of conducting search and rescue operations and carrying out helicopter operations at sea.
- The vessels are 118.4-m-long, and 22.8 m at the broadest point and have a displacement of 9,350 tonnes.
- the DSVs (Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV) are designed to undertake submarine rescue operations, in case a requirement exists.
- They can conduct sustained patrolling, conducting search and rescue operations and carrying out helicopter operations on high seas.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|