Former TN Assembly Speaker Sedapatti R. Muthiah Died at 77 – The former Speaker of Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Sedapatti R. Muthiah passed away at the age of 77 due to prolonged illness at a private hospital in Madurai on 21st September 2022.
- Muthiah served as the Speaker during former Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa’s first regime between 1991 and 1996.
- He showed his loyalty to Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) in 2006 after being the AIADMK MLA from Sedapatti Assembly constituency in the Madurai district for four terms.
- He won a hat-trick victory in the constituency after winning the first time in 1977 after M.G.
- He won from the constituency in 1980, 1984 and 1991.
- During the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led government tenure, He also became Union Minister for Surface Transport in 1998 and served for a brief period.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|