Today Top Current Affairs 22 September 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events which will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
MSME Ministry Launches Scheme for MSE: Designates ECGC Ltd as Nodal Agency
The Ministry of MSME appointed Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (ECGC) Ltd. as the implementing agency for the ‘Capacity Building of First Time MSE Exporters’ (CBFTE) component of the International Cooperation (IC) Scheme. Ministry has signed an MoU with ECGC Ltd in New Delhi in the presence of MSME Secretary B. B. Swain.
- As per the MoU, the export credit insurance premium paid by the MSE exporters and which is having the ECGC Small Exporter’s Policy, will be eligible for reimbursement from the Ministry of MSME.
- The Ministry of MSME will release the grant to ECGC on a reimbursement basis under the scheme.
- ECGC will transfer the amount received from the Ministry of MSME to the beneficiaries.
Anurag Thakur inaugurates AIBD’s 47th Annual Gathering & 20th AIBD General Conference and Associated Meetings 2022
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Shri Anurag Thakur inaugurated the 47th Annual Gathering and 20th Meeting of Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) from 19th September 2022 to 21st September 2022 in New Delhi. Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Dr L Murugan, Secretary, I&B Shri Apurva Chandra and Director, AIBD Ms Philomena Gnanapragasam were also present during the inauguration.
- the theme of the event was ‘Building a stronger future for broadcasting in the post pandemic era’.
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur also presided over the award presentation for 2021 and 2022 during the event.
- The Appreciation Award for 2021 was conferred on Radio Television Brunei.
Israeli embassy launches project ‘Saaras’ for menstrual health in Ghaziabad
Israeli ambassador to India inaugurated the centre as part of project “Saraas”, an initiative of the Israeli embassy in India, in collaboration with NGO Khushi, aimed at raising awareness about menstrual health and hygiene, and building skills and capacity for women.
- The Arthala village is located about 20km from the national capital of Delhi and has a population of 200,000 people mostly belonging to lower-income groups.
- This manufacturing unit was set up with the help of MASHAV, Israel’s agency for international development cooperation.
- The centre will have a team of 15 women and will have the capacity to manufacture 10,000 sanitary pads a day.
- Each pack of 10 will be priced at ₹20 which is the cheapest such product available in the market.
Centre notifies new Medical Device Rules to smoothen licensing procedure
The Govt of India notified the Medical Devices Rules on Tuesday as Medical Devices (Amendment) Rules, 2022 which will be made provisions for all class A medical device manufacturers to register themselves through an identified online portal established for the purpose.
- Central Drugs Standards and Control Organisation (CDSCO) and the State Licensing Authorities (SLAs) have taken various steps for the smooth transition to licensing of Class A and B Medical Devices w.e.f 1st October 2022.
- Department of Health and Family Welfare also made the preparedness for transition to licensing of Class-A and Class-B medical devices, w,e,f 1st October 2022 under Medical Devices Rules 2017.
Credit Suisse Report: Global wealth up 9.8% YoY at $463.6 trn in 2021
As per the Global Wealth Report 2022 by Credit Suisse, India registered a 12% year-on-year (YoY) jump in total household wealth last year, at $14,225 billion. Global Wealth Report 2022 estimates the number of millionaires in the country to more than double from 796,000 in 2021 to 1.6 million in 2026.
HPCL collaborates with Indian Army for CSR project ‘Kargil Ignited Minds’
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) has partnered with the Indian Army in order to implement a CSR project called ‘Kargil Ignited Minds’ to coach and mentor less-privileged girl students in Kargil. The MoU signing ceremony for Project ‘Kargil Ignited Minds’ was conducted at Headquarters 14 Corps, Leh. The project ‘Kargil Ignited Minds’ aims to prepare 50 girl students for various national-level engineering and medical entrance examinations.
- It will help in empowering the underprivileged girls with limited resources, residing in extreme weather conditions.
- The selection process of students for this project will include screening, preliminary tests and interviews.
- The aspirants will make preparation for NEET, JEE and other entrance exams under the supervision and guidance of the ‘Fire and Fury Corps of the army.
Gates Foundation Honors Four Leaders With 2022 Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has honoured India’s Radhika Batra, Zahra Joya of Afghanistan, Vanessa Nakate of Uganda and EU chief Ursula von der Leyen with Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards for their extraordinary work towards achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The winners of the Goalkeepers Global Goals awards were announced at the Goalkeepers Awards Ceremony.
- The Ceremony was hosted by Tumelo Mothotoane, the senior anchor at South African news broadcaster eNCA.
- The Award was presented by Malala Fund co-founder and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, Malala Yousafzai; and entertainer and founder of Unicorn Island, Lilly Singh.
Ratan Tata newly appointed trustees of PM CARES Fund
Industrialist Ratan Tata has been appointed as one of the trustees of the PM CARES Fund. the other trustees of the PM CARES Fund are former Supreme Court judge Justice K T Thomas, former Deputy Speaker Kariya Munda. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Union Home Minister Amit Shah are the other trustees of the PM CARES Fund.
- Ratan Tata joined the meeting of the Board of Trustees of the PM CARES Fund, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The trust has appointed Rajiv Mehrishi, former Comptroller and Auditor General of India; Sudha Murthy, former Chairperson, Infosys Foundation; Anand Shah, Co-founder of Teach for India and former CEO of Indicorps and Piramal Foundation as the constitution of Advisory Board to PM CARES Fund.
RBI Lifts Prompt Corrective Action Restrictions On Central Bank Of India
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has lifted the Central Bank of India from the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework after it found the bank was not in breach of any parameters.
- The board for Financial Supervision reviewed the performance of the Central Bank of India, currently under the Prompt Corrective Action Framework (PCAF) of RBI.
- The bank has not breached any PCA parameters.
- Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) is a framework under which the central bank keeps eye on financially weak banks.
Kotak Mahindra Bank partners IIT Madras to Launch “Kotak IITM Save Energy Mission”
Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (“KMBL/ “Kotak”) has partnered with the Indian Institute of TechnologyMadras (IITM) to launch the Kotak IITM Save Energy Mission, which was inaugurated by Dharmendra Pradhan at the IITM Campus, Chennai on 19th September 2022.
- KMBL and IITM will establish five centres across India to promote energy efficiency for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector under Kotak’s CSR Project on the Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Kotak IITM Save Energy Mission will offer assistance and training to MSMEs for periodic audits.
- It will act as an online platform in order to maintain the entire database on the energy audits conducted.
India’s banking system liquidity slips into deficit after 40 months
India’s banking system liquidity has plunged into deficit for the first time in nearly 40 months, as per the Reserve Bank of India. The RBI invested 218 billion Indian rupees ($2.73 billion) into the banking system, which is the biggest investment since May 2019.
- The liquidity deficit in the banking system was estimated at ₹23,227 crores against the previous day’s surplus of ₹ 47,936 crores, according to Bloomberg data.
- Reserve Bank of India will conduct a ₹50,000-crore Variable Rate Repo (VRR) auction of one-day tenor under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility.
Yes Bank approves sale of Rs 48,000 cr stressed loans to JC Flowers ARC
Private lender Yes Bank has approved the sale of stressed loans worth Rs 48,000 crores to JC Flowers Asset Reconstruction after receiving no bids to challenge. Yes Bank’s board of directors approved JC Flowers’ declaration as the winner of the Swiss Challenge method.
- The ARC will have to pay ₹1,677 crore within 60 days.
- Yes Bank’s gross NPA was 13.4% in June 2022, compared to 15.6% during the corresponding period of last year.
- Gross NPA was ₹27,747 crores at the end of June 2022 compared to ₹28,506 crores at the end of June 2021.
NPCI launches UPI payments via RuPay credit cards
National Payments Corporation of India launched UPI (Unified Payments Interface) payments through credit cards on the RuPay network after the Reserve Bank of India announced the linking of UPI of credit cards in June Month.
- RuPay credit cards will be linked to a Virtual Payment Address (VPA) or a UPI ID to facilitate such payments in an offline mode.
- Card Holders will increase use cases for credit cards and allow merchants to access more card customers with this linkage.
- Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, and Indian Bank will use
- UPI on RuPay credit cards via the BHIM app.
- Federal Bank, along with UAE’s Lulu Exchange will go live with BBPS cross-border bill payments.
Indian & United States Coast Guard hold joint exercise off Chennai coast
The Indian and United States Coast Guards participated in a joint exercise called “Abhyas”, which was held off the Chennai coast on 19th September 2022. The four-day visit of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Cutter, Midgett, to Chennai on a goodwill visit ended on 20th September 2022.
- During the visit, the USCG ship shared professional exchanges on the visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS), Cross Deck visits, and a friendly volleyball match with Indian Coast Guard counterparts between 16th September and 19th September 2022.
ADB cuts India’s GDP growth forecast for FY23 to 7% on high inflation & monetary tightening
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has cut India’s economic growth projection for 2022-23 to 7% from 7.2% earlier, due to the higher inflation and monetary tightening.
- ADO 2022’s forecasts are GDP growth is revised is 7 per cent for FY2022 (ending in March 2023) and 7.2 per cent for FY2023 (ending in March 2024).
- The ADB also predicts the Chinese economy will expand by 3.3 per cent in 2022 rather than the 5 per cent forecast earlier.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AFFAIRS
Pradhan launches SCALE app for skill development in leather industry
Union Minister of Education and Skill Development Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched the SCALE (Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees) app during a visit to CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute Chennai, aimed at offering a solution for the skilling, learning, assessment, and employment needs of the leather industry.
- The full form of the SCALE app is Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees.
- Android App SCALE will play an important role in changing the way skill development programmes have been designed and delivered to trainees in the leather industry.
Padma Shri Awardee Acharya Ram Yatna Shukla died at 90
Padmashree Acharya Ramayatna Shukla, president of Srikashi Vidwat Parishad and Sanskrit scholar passed away at the age of 90 due to illness.
- He delivered lectures to young students on Sanskrit grammar.
- He was honoured with the Padma Shri award in 2021.
- Acharya Ramayatna Shukla was born in 1932 in the Bhadohi district.
- His father’s name is Ram Niranjan Shukla he was a Sanskrit scholar.
- He received Vedanta Shastra from Dharma Emperor Swami Karpatri Ji and Swami Chaitanya Bharati from Vedanta Shastra, Hariram Shukla from Mimamsa and Pandit Ramchandra Shastri.
SECI celebrates 11th Foundation Day
The 11th Foundation Day Celebration of Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) was celebrated on 20th September 2022. Shri R. K. Singh, Union Minister of Power and New and Renewable Energy graced the occasion as Chief Guest, and Shri Bhagwanth Khuba, Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy and Chemicals and Fertilizers were present on this occasion.
- On 11th Foundation Day, a series of events were organized including a plantation of 1100 trees, a blood donation camp, distribution of 2100 food packets, guest lectures, an indoor sports tournament comprising Table-tennis, Chess, Carom, Foosball and various team-building activities.
Railway Protection Force Raising Day 2022
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) celebrated its 38th Raising Day on 20th September 2022 and a parade was held at the central level at Jag Jeewan Ram RPF Academy, Lucknow. The Union Minister of State for Railways and Textiles, Smt. Darshana Vikram Jardosh attended the event as the Chief Guest and took the salute of the Parade.
- The minister also presented the ‘President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service’, ‘Indian Police Medal for Meritorious Service’, ‘Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha Padak’, ‘Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak’ and ‘ Jeevan Raksha Padak’ to 23 RPF personnel.
International NFT Day 2022
Every year, international NFT day is observed on September 20 by the crypto community worldwide. On 20th September 2017, Dete Shirley, the Chief Technology Officer of DapperLabs coined the term Non-Fungible Token. Kevin McCoy and Anil Dash developed Quantum, the first “NFT,” in May 2014.
International Day of Peace 2022
Every year, the International Day of Peace is observed on September 21 across the world. The day is observed and has been devoted by the United Nations General Assembly in order to strengthen the ideals of peace, by observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire. International Day of Peace 2022 is being celebrated with the aim of a world where compassion and empathy overcome suspicion and hatred.
- The theme for the International Day of Peace 2022 is “End racism. Build peace”, which has been dedicated to the aim of making a new world free of racism and racial discrimination.
World Alzheimer’s Day 2022
Every year, World Alzheimer’s Day is observed on September 21 across the world to mark the importance of awareness and education for Alzheimer’s patients. as per the World Alzheimer’s Report 2022, around a maximum of 85% of the 55 million people are surviving dementia. The month also is being celebrated by Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI), an international federation to boost awareness on the disorder.
- This year’s theme for World Alzheimer’s Month is ‘Know Dementia, know Alzheimer’s’.
- On 21 September 1994, World Alzheimer’s Day was first celebrated at the opening of ADI’s annual conference in Edinburgh to mark the 10th anniversary of the organization, which was founded in 1984.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.