Gates Foundation Honors Four Leaders With 2022 Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards – Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has honoured India’s Radhika Batra, Zahra Joya of Afghanistan, Vanessa Nakate of Uganda and EU chief Ursula von der Leyen with Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards for their extraordinary work towards achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The winners of the Goalkeepers Global Goals awards were announced at the Goalkeepers Awards Ceremony.
- The Ceremony was hosted by Tumelo Mothotoane, the senior anchor at South African news broadcaster eNCA.
- The Award was presented by Malala Fund co-founder and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, Malala Yousafzai; and entertainer and founder of Unicorn Island, Lilly Singh.
Winners of 2022 Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards
- Radhika Batra is a co-founder of the nonprofit organization Every Infant Matters, which offers last-mile health solutions to disadvantaged children in India.
- Zahra Joya is serving as a journalist from Afghanistan who established and self-funded Rukhshana Media which is an online news agency, aimed to cover issues that affect the women of Afghanistan.
- Vanessa Nakate is a climate justice activist from Uganda and is also the founder of the Africa-based Rise Up Movement and the Green Schools Project
- Ursula von der Leyen is the president of the European Commission and has made a contribution to maintaining peace and stability in the region.
2022 Global Goalkeeper Award
- Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates presented the 2022 Global Goalkeeper Award to Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, recognizing a leader who has driven progress on a global scale toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
2022 Campaign Award
- Malala Yousafzai presented the 2022 Campaign Award to Vanessa Nakate of Uganda for boosting awareness or building a community by inspiring action and creating change.
2022 Changemaker Award
- Angelina Jolie presented the 2022 Changemaker Award to Zahra Joya of Afghanistan for her work to ensure women’s stories in her home country are reported on and reach the attention of the wider public.
2022 Progress Award
- Lilly Singh presented the 2022 Progress Award to Dr Radhika Batra of India for her work to handle health inequalities by providing last-mile health solutions to disadvantaged children.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|