NPCI launches UPI payments via RuPay credit cards – National Payments Corporation of India launched UPI (Unified Payments Interface) payments through credit cards on the RuPay network after the Reserve Bank of India announced the linking of UPI of credit cards in June Month.
- RuPay credit cards will be linked to a Virtual Payment Address (VPA) or a UPI ID to facilitate such payments in an offline mode.
- Card Holders will increase use cases for credit cards and allow merchants to access more card customers with this linkage.
- Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, and Indian Bank will use
- UPI on RuPay credit cards via the BHIM app.
- Federal Bank, along with UAE’s Lulu Exchange will go live with BBPS cross-border bill payments.
NPCI launched the ‘UPI 123Pay’ facility
- The NPCI also launched the ‘UPI 123Pay’ facility for feature phones, which will be seeing traction in some early use cases.
- 123Pay is lived in certain instances including electricity bills, mobile recharge and gas connections.
- Users will be able to register and make or complete or make a payment via UPI by calling a phone number, through the use of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) numbers Under the UPI 123Pay.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|