Today Top Current Affairs 2 November 2021
Today Top Current Affairs 2 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2nd November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2nd November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Gajendra Singh Shekhawat inaugurates ‘Ganga Utsav 2021 – The River Festival’
On 1st November 2021, the 5th edition of ‘Ganga Utsav 2021 – The River Festival’ has been started off virtually with much fun and festivities, it is a three days long event. The “Ganga Utsav 2021 – The River Festival “ has been conducted under the leadership of the Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, and will run till 3rd November 2021.
- The Ganga Utsav 2021 will celebrate the glory of the river Ganga as well as Narendra Modi’s call for ‘Nadi Utsav’.
- It aims to take Ganga Utsav to all the river basins in India.
GoI constitutes a 20-member Empowered Group of Secretaries to monitor development and implementation of the PM Gati Shakti NMP
The Centre has formed a 20-member Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) under the Cabinet secretary. the main purpose of it is to monitor mechanisms for the development and implementation of the PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan (NMP).
- The Cabinet Secretary will be its Chairperson.
- It will review and monitor the implementation of the Plan to ascertain the logistics efficiency.
- Will help in Adopt framework and norms for undertaking any amendments.
- Can make any changes in the projects already included in the Plan.
Sports ministry upgrades three new facilities as KISCE in Lucknow, Delhi and Chennai
The Sports Ministry of India has decided to upgrade three new existing sports facilities across the country. now, they will be called the Khelo India Sports Centres of Excellence (KISCE), Stands a total number of KISCEs at 27 and KISCEs are spread across 26 States and Union Territories.
- Three new existing sports facilities as the Khelo India Sports Centres of Excellence (KISCE). they are:
- The Guru Gobind Singh Sports College in Lucknow,
- the Chhatrasal Stadium in Delhi
- the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai.
Indian Navy stealth frigate Tushil launched in Kaliningrad
The 7th Indian Navy Frigate of P1135.6 class has been launched at Yantar Shipyard, Kaliningrad, Russia. the ship was called Tushil by Datla Vidya Varma and “Tushil” is a Sanskrit word that means Protector Shield.
- Indian Navy stealth frigate Tushil was developed under the Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) between India and Russia in 2016 for the construction of four additional P1135.6 class ships for the Indian Navy.
- Under the Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA), four ships will be developed in which two ship of Project 1135.6 ships were to be constructed in Russia and two ships in India at M/s Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
- The Project 1135.6 class is known as Talwar class and the Talwar class frigates have been made by Russia for Indian Navy.
$40 million agreement between India and World Bank
Indian Government has signed a loan agreement of USD 40 million with the World Bank in order to improve and strengthen health systems in Meghalaya.
- The Meghalaya Health Systems Strengthening Project will help in improving the management and governance capabilities of the state and its health facilities.
- Under the project, the design and coverage of the state’s health insurance program will be expended.
- It will improve the quality of health services through certification and better human resource systems.
- It will also enable efficient access to medicines and diagnostics.
Oxford English Dictionary selected ‘Vax’ as 2021’s Word of the Year
Lexicographers at the Oxford English Dictionary have chosen “vax” as 2021’s ‘word of the year’. The title purposes to encapsulate the year in one word which could tell about a world that is struggling to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic and talking about vaccines.
- The usage of the word “vax” was increased in January 2021 and its usage rose by over 72 times compared to last year as per the ‘Word of The Year’ report.
- The report also mentions the numerous derivatives of this word like vax site, vax cards, getting vaxxed, fully vaxxed, vaxxie, etc.
Australian Cricket legend Alan Davidson Died at 92
The Australian and New South Wales cricket all-rounder Alan Davidson has taken his last breath at the age of 92. Davidson became the 1st player to achieve the feat of scoring 100 runs as well as taking 10 wickets in a single Test match.
- Alan Davidson had played 44 Tests for the Australian Team since he made his debut in 1953.
- During his cricket career, he received 186 wickets and scored 1328 runs.
- He was born in Lisarow on the NSW Central Coast and started playing cricket and emerged as a destructive left-arm fast bowler and hard-hitting lower-middle order batter for NSW and Australia.
International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists 2021
Every year, The International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is observed on 2nd November. It aims to prevent all attacks and violence against journalists and media workers.
- It is celebrated to ensure accountability, bring to justice perpetrators of crimes against journalists and media workers, and ensure that victims have access to appropriate remedies.
- UN selected this date because two French journalists Ghislaine Dupont and Claude Verlon were killed while reporting in Mali on November 2nd, 2013.