Today Top Current Affairs 2 August 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Today Current Affairs 2 August 2022 | Current affairs today pdf download
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has formed a special task force (STF) to monitor monkeypox cases in India. NITI Aayog member (health) VK Paul has been appointed as the head of the special task force (STF) to monitor monkeypox cases.
- The special task force (STF) will monitor and provide guidance to the government on the expansion of diagnostic facilities and exploring vaccination for the infection in the country.
- The team will be headed by Dr VK Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog and other members will be Secretary, Union Health Ministry, Pharma and Biotech
The chief minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee announced that the state will get 7 new districts. with this, the total number of districts in West Bengal has now reached 30. Earlier there were 23 districts in Bengal, now it has been increased to 30. The seven new districts are Sunderban, Ichhamati, Ranaghat, Bishnupur, Jangipur, Behrampur, and one more district will be named Basirhat.
List of new districts in West Bengal
- One more district will be named in the Basirhat region.
Sanjay Arora will take the control of the Delhi Police as Delhi Police commissioner and will serve till 2025. Sanjay Arora was named commissioner of the Delhi Police and has replaced the previous Delhi Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana, an IPS officer from the Gujarat Cadre who retired after about 38 years of service.
- Sanjay Arora is a Tamil Nadu-cadre IPS officer who oversaw the paramilitary ITBP.
- Sanjay Arora was honoured with the chief minister’s gallantry medal for his bravery while leading the Tamil Nadu Police STF, which was established to track down the forest brigand Veerappan.
- he served as the police commissioner of Coimbatore Between 2002 and 2004.
- Arora was named Director General of the paramilitary Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) in August 2021.
The official slogan of the 2024 Paris Olympics was unveiled as “Games Wide Open”. The 2024 Summer Olympics is being held from July 26 to August 11, 2024. The slogan has released the Olympics and Paralympics would be “faster”, “higher” and “stronger” — as well as “more inclusive, more brotherly, more beautiful.”
- The Aim of the Paris 2024 is to be the most gender-balanced Olympic Games in history, the event will have women’s competitions in the spotlight.
Shushila Devi Likmabam won a silver medal in the women’s judo 48kg final, she brings the seventh medal for India in the Commonwealth Games 2022. In the quarterfinal, Shushila defeated Harriet Bonface. Sushila was defeated against South Africa’s Michaela Whitebooi in the final and was in for a gold finish.
- Shushila Devi Likmabam won a silver medal at the 2014 CWG.
- he also represented India at the Tokyo Olympics last year.
- Sushila won a silver medal at the Hong Kong Asia Open 2018 & 2019 and finished with two 5th place finishes at the Tashkent Grand Prix and Zagreb Grand Prix, both in the year 2019.
India’s Harjinder Kaur has won the bronze medal in the women’s 71kg weightlifting at the Commonwealth Games 2022 at Birmingham. England’s Sarah Davies received a gold medal with a record of 229kg in the Commonwealth Games 2022 and young Alexis Ashworth of Canada achieved silver with a total lift of 214kg. ‘
- In 2016, Harjinder began Weightlifting at Punjab University.
- Her father works as a Farmer in Punjab.
- In August last year, She was onboarded in the Indian National Camp Patiala
- She won the 2021 Commonwealth Senior Championship Silver Medalist.
Former Philippine President Fidel Valdez Ramos passed away at the age of 94 due to the complications of COVID-19. Ramos served as the 12th president of the Philippines between 1992 and 1998. He was a military officer by profession.
Every year, World Lung Cancer Day is observed on August 1st across the world, aimed at raising awareness about the causes and treatment of lung cancer and highlighting the issues of lack of sufficient research funding for the ailment.
- The Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) conducted the first campaign with the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and also the American College of Chest Physicians in 2012.
Muslim Women’s Rights Day is observed on August 1st every year in India to celebrate the enactment of the law against Triple Talaq. on this day, the triple talaq bill was passed in Parliament in 2019 to promise to liberate Muslim women from the shackles of social evil that came in the form of divorce terms. The Indian Govt brought the Muslim Women Act (Protection of Rights on Marriage) to the Rajya Sabha.
- The first Muslim Women’s Rights Day was celebrated in 2020.
- The Central Government of India led by PM Modi introduced a law against the Triple Talaq according to which Instant or Triple Talaq was declared a criminal offence on 1st August 2019.
- Muslim women welcomed this new law in India and since then 01 August is observed as Muslim Women’s Rights Day.
- In 2022, the second anniversary of Muslim Women’s Rights Day is to be celebrated in India.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.