Every year, World Lung Cancer Day is observed on August 1st across the world, aimed at raising awareness about the causes and treatment of lung cancer and highlighting the issues of lack of sufficient research funding for the ailment.
- The Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) conducted the first campaign with the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and also the American College of Chest Physicians in 2012.
World Lung Cancer Day 2023: History
- In 2012, the Forum of International Respiratory Societies and the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, and the American College of Chest Physicians started a campaign to raise awareness of lung cancer and related issues.
- The World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC) is a recognized organization in the world and it focuses primarily on issues relating to lung cancer and spreading awareness of it.
Types of Lung Cancer:
Lung cancer is classified into two main types:
- Small cell lung cancers (SCLC)
- Non-small lung cancers (NSCLS)
NSCLS – three main types:
- Squamous cell carcinomas
- Large cell carcinomas
Symptoms of Lung Cancer:
- Chest and ribs pain
- Coughing can be chronic, dry, with phlegm or blood.
- Loss of appetite.
- Risk of respiratory infections, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
- Weight loss,
- Swollen lymph node,
how to prevent lung cancer?
- Say go bye to smoking.
- Avoid second-hand smoking.
- Must have a healthy diet.
- Do Exercise regularly.
- Avoid any kind of exposure to toxic chemicals.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.