Today Top Current Affairs 16 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 16th November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 16th November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Law Minister Kiren Rijiju launches Citizen’s Tele-Law mobile app
Union Minister of Law and Justice Mr Kiren Rijiju has launched the Citizen’s Tele-Law Mobile App. the app will help in connecting the beneficiaries directly with panel lawyers offering legal advice and consultation.
- Citizen’s Tele-Law mobile app will cover 75,000 Gram Panchayats
- App will offer consultation free of cost to those entitled to free legal aid under Section 12 of Legal Service Authority, whereas others could avail at Rs 30/ per consultation.
- Mobile App will be available in form of e-tutorial in all scheduled languages
44th Wangala festival begins in Meghalaya
Meghalaya state people are celebrating the 44th edition of ‘Wangala’, the festival of 100 Drums Festival. Wangala Festival is a post-harvest festival of the Garos tribe and is observed to honour ‘Saljong’, the Sun God of Garos, which also marks the end of the harvest season.
- During the Festival, people offer sacrifices to please their deity Saljong, the Sun God.
- On the first day, a ceremony called Ragula is performed in the house of the village’s chief.
- On the 2nd day i.e. Kakkat, People dress up in colourful costumes with feathered headgears and dance to the rhythms of long oval-shaped drums.
6th India-France bilateral Army exercise EX SHAKTI 2021
The 6th edition of the biennial training exercise “EX SHAKTI 2021” has been started between the Navies of India and France from 15th November 2021 in Frejus, France. “EX SHAKTI 2021” exercise will be conducted till 26th November 2021.
- the Gorkha Rifles Infantry Battalion will participate from the Indian Army side and troops of the 21st Marine Infantry Regiment of the 6th Light Armoured Brigade will represent the France Army.
- The aim of the exercise is to focus on Counter Terrorism operations in backdrop of semi-urban terrain under United Nations Mandate and will help in enhancing military cooperation and inter-operability between the two Armies.
Professor Bimal Patel of India elected to International Law Commission
Indian Professor Bimal Patel has been elected to the International Law Commission for a period of 5-years. Bimal Patel’s term will come into effect from January 1, 2023.
- 51-year-old Patel won 163 votes in the UN General Assembly out of 192 members which was the highest votes by a candidate in the Asia-Pacific Group.
- He is an esteemed educationalist, jurist and administrator.
- Prof Patel is the Vice-Chancellor of Rashtriya Raksha University and is also serving as a Member of the National Security Advisory Board of India.
Australia won their maiden T20 World Cup title
Australia has won their maiden T20 World Cup title and defeated New Zealand in the final by 8 wickets. in the final match, David Warner played a winning knock of 53 off 38 balls. Mitchell Marsh was named as the player of the match.
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 was started on 17th October 2021 at the Oman Cricket Academy Ground. the final match was held between Australia and New Zealand in Dubai on 14th November. the tournament was to be held in India and later it was shifted to UAE and Oman due to the COVID-19 situation in India.
Lewis Hamilton wins 2021 F1 Brazilian Grand Prix
Mercedes-Great Britain F1 Driver Lewis Hamilton has won the 2021 F1 Sao Paulo Grand Prix. the 2021 F1 Sao Paulo Grand Prix was earlier known as Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Followed by, Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) and Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) came 2nd and 3rd in the Brazilian Grand Prix 2021 respectively.
Children’s Day observed on 14th November
The Day of 14th November is celebrated as Children’s Day every year in India. the main aim of this day is to mark the birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru.
- This day is also known as ‘Baal Diwas’ across the country.
- It aims to raise awareness of the rights, care and education of children.
- Jawaharlal Nehru served as India’s first Prime Minister and he was very famous among children. Jawaharlal Nehru was called ‘Chacha Nehru’.
- After the death, Govt decided to observe November 14th as Children’s Day in order to commemorate his fondness for children.
International Day for Tolerance 2021
Every year, the International Day of Tolerance is observed on 16th November across the world. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
- This day promotes tolerance by fostering mutual understanding among cultures and people, observes International Day for Tolerance.
- It aims to raise awareness of all the different types of intolerances that are prevalent in the world.
- In 1995, UNESCO designated this day in order to enhance public awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
National Press Day 2021
Every year, National Press Day is observed on 16th November in the country. it aims to celebrate free and responsible press in India. this day honours the Press Council of India, a statutory and quasi-judicial establishment that acts as a moral watchdog that works to ensure that Indian journalists are not driven by any influence or external factors.
- In India, The First Press Commission 1956 established a committee to protect the ethics of journalism and freedom of the press.
- Press Council was founded in order to monitor all journalistic activities to keep the credibility intact.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|