Children’s Day observed on 14th November
The Day of 14th November is celebrated as Children’s Day every year in India. the main aim of this day is to mark the birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru.
- This day is also known as ‘Baal Diwas’ across the country.
- It aims to raise awareness of the rights, care and education of children.
Children’s Day History
- Jawaharlal Nehru served as India’s first Prime Minister and he was very famous among children. Jawaharlal Nehru was called ‘Chacha Nehru’.
- After the death, Govt decided to observe November 14th as Children’s Day in order to commemorate his fondness for children.
- Children’s Day was observed first time on November 20th, 1956, along with Universal Children’s Day.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.