Today Top Current Affairs 18 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 18th November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 18th November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
India’s 1st grass conservatory inaugurated in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand
India’s first ‘Grass Conservatory’ or ‘germplasm conservation centre’ has been inaugurated in Ranikhet of Almora district in Uttarakhand on November 14, 2021, the Grass Conservatory is spread over an area of 2 acres.
- The research wing of the Uttarakhand Forest Department has developed the “Germplasm Conservation Centre” and has been funded under the Central Government’s CAMPA (Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority) scheme.
- The aim of “Germplasm Conservation Centre” is to raise awareness about the importance of grass species, promote their conservation, and facilitate research in the field.
About Uttarakhand –
- Uttarakhand Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Uttarakhand Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Uttarakhand Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh
India’s First Fisheries Business Incubation Centre Launched in Gurugram
Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala has inaugurated India’s first-of-its-kind, a dedicated business incubator in Haryana’s Gurugram and it will be known as LINAC- NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFlC).
- Rs. 3.23 crore has been spent on the establishment of the centre under the central flagship Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- The Centre aims to nurture fisheries start-ups under real market-led conditions.
- the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) has identified the first batch of ten incubates from 4 states including Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, and Maharashtra.
Rajnath Singh Inaugurates Three-day Long ‘Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv’ In Jhansi, UP
On 17th November 2021, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the Rashtra Raksha Samparpan Parv in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Defence Ministry has organised 3-days event from November 17-19, 2021 as a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahaotsav’ celebrations.
- The birth anniversary celebrations of Rani Laxmi Bai will be held at Jhansi Fort on November 19, 2021.
UBS projects India’s GDP growth forecast at 9.5% for FY22
Swiss brokerage UBS Securities has modified the GDP growth rate projections for India and predicts its growth forecast for the current fiscal to 9.5 per cent from 8.9 per cent in September.
- The UBS also has estimated that The GDP growth of India will be 7.7% for For 2022-23 (FY23) and 6.0% For 2023-24 (FY24).
- For FY 2021-22 (FY22)= 9.5%
- For FY 2022-23 (FY23)= 7.7%
- For FY 2023-24 (FY24)= 6.0%
The Disruptor: How Vishwanath Pratap Singh Shook India” book by Debashish Mukerji
Debashish Mukerji has come out with A new book based on the life of Vishwanath Pratap Singh titled “The Disruptor: How Vishwanath Pratap Singh Shook India”, is to be released on December 08, 2021.
- The book will be published by HarperCollins India.
- Vishwanath Pratap Singh was India’s eighth Prime Minister from December 02, 1989 to November 10, 1990.
BCCI President Sourav Ganguly is appointed Chairman of ICC Men’s Cricket Committee
Indian former Cricketer Sourav Ganguly has been elected as the Chairman of the ICC Men’s Cricket Committee. Sourav Ganguly is the President of BCCI, his appointment was approved during the ICC Board Meeting which was held on 16 November 2021.
- Ganguly will take place of Anil Kumble who was appointed in 2012.
- Anil Kumble resigned from the post after having served a maximum of three separate three-year terms.
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur confers SAI Institutional Awards to 246 athletes and coaches
On 17th November 2021, Sports minister Anurag Thakur has distributed the first-ever SAI Institutional Awards to a total of 246 awardees including 162 athletes and 84 coaches for their excellent performances in national and international tournaments.
- The awardees have also been presented with a special tailor-made blazer along with a citation.
- The awards have been presented to the deserving candidates for the years of 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20.
The categories of awards
- Outstanding Award (for National level achievements)
- Best Award (for International level achievements)
Fourth Naturopathy Day on 18 November 2021
Every year, National Naturopathy Day is observed on 18th November in India. the main objective of this day is to promote positive mental and physical health through a drugless system of medicine, called Naturopathy.
- In 2018, the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy), Government of India designated this day to observe on 18th November.
- This day also marks the day when Mahatma Gandhi became lifetime Chairman of the All India Nature Cure Foundation Trust and signed the deed with the object of making the benefits of Nature Cure available to all classes of people in the year 1945.
World Philosophy Day 2021
Every year, World Philosophy Day is celebrated on the 3rd Thursday of November month. this day is also known as World Philosophy Day. in 2021, World Philosophy Day is being observed on November 18.
- The main purpose of this day is to promote the international culture of a healthy, philosophical debate that respects people’s dignity and diversity.
- In 2002, UNESCO observed World Philosophy Day for the first time, aiming at the enduring value of philosophy.
- In 2005, UNESCO General Conference designated this day to observe as the annual celebration.
- The theme 2021 for World Philosophy Day is based on “different interactions of human beings with their social, cultural, geographical and political environment, with the underlying objective of better understanding the contribution of philosophy in our contemporary societies and the challenges they face”
World Prematurity Day 2021
Every year, World prematurity day is observed on 17th November. it aims to highlight the challenges and burden of preterm birth globally. as per the WHO, around 15 million preterm births occur every year around the globe and the number is constantly rising.
- In 2008, the European parent organisation initiated this day with the help of EFCNI.
- The theme 2021 for the world prematurity day is Zero Separation. Act now! Keep parents and babies born too soon together.
National Epilepsy Day 2021
Every year, National epilepsy day is observed on 17th November in India. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about epilepsy disorder which is characterised by seizures or fits.
- epilepsy is a neurological disorder that affects the central nervous system.
- It is characterized by recurrent ‘seizures’ or ‘fits’.
World COPD Day 2021
World COPD Day is observed on the 3rd Wednesday of November month every year. it aims to raise awareness about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and improve COPD care throughout the world.
- In 2021, The World COPD Day will be observed on November 17, 2021.
- The Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) conduct this day every year in the collaboration of health care professionals and COPD patient groups across the globe.
- The theme 2021 of World COPD Day is “Healthy Lungs – Never More Important”. it highlights the burden of COPD remains, in spite of the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|