Today Top Current Affairs 11 August 2021
11th August 2021 Daily GK Update, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 11th August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Modi launches Ujjwala 2.0 to provide free LPG connections
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Ujjwala 2.0, the second phase of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in Mahoba in Uttar Pradesh via video conferencing on 10th August 2021.
- He also distributed free LPG gas connections to 10 women virtually.
Ujjwala 1.0 –
- In 2016, The first phase of the PMUY scheme, Ujjwala 1.0 was launched to provide LPG connections. the Ujjwala 1.0 aimed to distribute LPG connections to five crore women members of below poverty line (BPL) households.
- Now, the Govt will provide an additional one crore LPG connection to low-income families under Ujjwala 2.0.
eNagar Mobile Application and Portal – Gujarat
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched eNagar mobile application and portal. The app and portal aim to provide efficient, transparent community-based services and back-office operation support to the people of Gujarat. The eNagar covers 10 modules with 52 services like property tax, professional tax, water & drainage, Complaints, and grievance redressal, building permission, fire and emergency services.
- Gujarat Urban Development Mission is appointed as a nodal agency for the eNagar project.
- Total 170 locations including 162 municipalities and 8 Municipal Corporations are covered under the eNagar project.
Kerala govt launches ‘COVID-19 death information portal’
The Kerala state government has launched the Covid-19 death portal to maintain a proper record of the number of deaths due to the Covid-19 Virus. The ‘Death Information Portal’ will have details of people who succumbed to Covid-19, will also include their names, age, and gender.
- Kerala Health Minister Veena George has said the govt has unveiled the COVID-19 death information portal that aims to help in understanding more details regarding the deaths due to COVID-19 Virus.
Tamil Nadu CM Stalin launches doorstep healthcare scheme
The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Mr. MK Stalin has launched the ‘Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam’(healthcare services at people’s doorstep) scheme in Krishnagiri via video conference. The main objective of this scheme is to eliminate the need for patients to visit hospitals for treating non-communicable diseases.
- It aims to cover on launch 1,172 health sub-centres, 189 primary health centres, and 50 community health centres.
- The scheme is eligible for people who are above 45 years of age and others, will be screened with infirmities through door-to-door check-ups.
- Also, Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme aims to detect non-communicable diseases that may lead to sudden mortalities and impact people’s quality of life.
Sudha Murty launches new book titled How The Earth Got Its Beauty
Veteran writer, philanthropist, and entrepreneur, Sudha Murty has launched his new book titled ‘How The Earth Got Its Beauty’. The book was published by Puffin and features illustrations by Priyanka Pachpande.
About Sudha Murty
- She is a prolific writer in English and Kannada.
- Has penned various novels, technical books, travelogues, collections of short stories and non-fictional pieces, and four books for children.
The Earthspinner novel by Anuradha Roy
‘The Earthspinner’, the book will be released on September 03, 2021, the book has been written by Award-winning novelist Anuradha Roy. ‘The Earthspinner’ book will be published by Hachette India.
Novelist Anuradha Roy Novel –
- An Atlas of Impossible Longing (2008),
- The Folded Earth (2011),
- Sleeping on Jupiter (2015)
- All the Lives We Never Lived (2018).
“A Death in Shonagachhi” Novel by Rijula Das
Rijula Das has released his debut novel titled ‘A Death In Shonagachhi’. The novel narrates this debate in my mind by plunging the reader into Shonagachhi, the well-known red-light district of Calcutta. It did, however, become immediately indubitable that Das had done her research.
‘The Biography of a Failed Venture’ book by Prashant Desai
Former cricketer of India Virender Sehwag has highlighted the need to talk about mistakes — be it in cricket, business or life and has announced a new book titled ‘The Biography of a Failed Venture’. the book has been authored by Prashant Desai. The book was published by HarperCollins India
- The book provides a brutally honest account of why D:FY, an Indian sports brand that the author founded, failed and how entrepreneurs can avoid these pitfalls to make their business ventures successful.
Eurosport India appoints John Abraham as MotoGP brand ambassador
The sports channel from broadcast network Discovery Eurosport India has appointed Bollywood actor John Abraham as the brand ambassador for their flagship motorsport property – MotoGP.
- Abraham is a self-confessed motorbike enthusiast and a keen follower of MotoGP.
- He will promote MotoGP to a wider audience base in India through a campaign – “MotoGP, Race Lagate Hai”, will be promoted across platforms like radio, outdoor and digital.
- Prior to the association, the actor has shared the stage with MotoGP legend “The Doctor”-Valentino Rossi and has frequented many MotoGP races.
RBI empanelled Karnataka Bank as ‘agency bank’ for govt business
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has empanelled Karnataka Bank to act as an “Agency Bank” to facilitate transactions related to Government businesses. now, the Karnataka Bank will undertake the Government businesses such as Revenue receipts and payments on behalf of the Central/State Governments, Pension payments in respect of Central / State Governments, Collection of stamp duty charges, and also any other item of work specifically advised by Reserve Bank of India.
About Karnataka Bank –
- Headquarters: Mangalore
- CEO: Mahabaleshwara M. S
- Founded: 18 February 1924
Telangana HC Judge Justice P Keshava Rao passes away at 61
The Judge of Telangana High Court Mr. P Keshava Rao has passed away at the age of 61 on 9th August 2021. he was undergoing treatment for brain tumors and other ailments.
- Justice Keshava Rao had a Law degree from Kakatiya University in 1986.
- he was also enrolled as a Member on the rolls of the Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh in April 1986.
- Along with it, P. Keshava represented the undivided Andhra Pradesh as a Government Pleader.
- He has served as Special Standing Counsel for CBI (Special Public Prosecutor) between March 2010 and April 2016.
7th August as Javelin Throw Day, to honor Neeraj Chopra’s historic gold
The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) has decided to name the day of 7th August ‘Javelin Throw Day’ in India to honor Neeraj Chopra’s first historic Olympic gold.
- Haryana-based Neeraj Chopra made a history by winning the gold medal in the javelin throw at Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- No one athletics achieved a medal for over 100 years.
- Neeraj Chopra threw his javelin a distance of 87.58 metres