Today Top Current Affairs 10 August 2021
10th August 2021 Read Daily GK Update, Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 10th August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Rail Madad: A Unified Customer Care Solution – Launched by Indian Railways
Indian Railways has launched an integrated one-stop solution “Rail Madad”. with the help of “Rail Madad”, People can use the Railway ministry toll-free number 139 for various purposes like all kinds of inquiries and making complaints. Apart from this, the national transporter has merged a number of existing helplines that were being used for various purposes by individuals into one.
- The helpline facility will provide services in 12 languages and will be available for 24*7 hours.
Karnataka becomes the first state to issue an order on implementation of NEP 2020
National Education Policy 2020: Karnataka state has become the first state in the country that has issued an order regarding the implementation of the National Education Policy 2020 with effect from the current academic year, 2021-2022.
- With this Karnataka state has become the first state of the country that will implement NEP-2020 from the current academic year, 2021-2022.
- the implementation of the National Education Policy-2020 will be conducted according to the guidelines of the NEP.
- Chief Minister of Karnataka: Basavaraj S Bommai
- Karnataka Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka Capital: Bengaluru
“The Year That Wasn’t – The Diary of a 14-Year-Old” book released by Shabana Azmi
“The Year That Wasn’t – The Diary of a 14-Year-Old” Book has been launched by Veteran actor Shabana Azmi and this book has been authored by 14-year-old girl Brisha Jain. Brisha Jain hails from Kolkata.
- The book narrates the lockdown days seen through her eyes as the Covid-19 pandemic spreading last year.
- Brisha Jain’s book handholds readers through a journey – the hopeful beginning of a new decade, the confusion triggered by a pandemic, lockdown travails, coping with the whole new world of online schooling, a new digital divide, the vaccine race, the waning of the pandemic’s severity and it’s a resurgence.
Former Cricketer MS Dhoni becomes the first brand ambassador of HomeLane
Home interiors brand HomeLane has appointed Indian Former Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni as an equity partner and brand ambassador. Dhoni will be part of HomeLane for a period of three years. As part of the partnership, MS Dhoni will own equity in HomeLane and will be the company’s first brand ambassador.
- With the upcoming cricket and festive season, HomeLane is jointly working with MS Dhoni on a brand new campaign that is to be released during the new IPL season.
- The role of MS Dhoni is not only as equity, he will be also a brand ambassador for the company.
- the partnership will end after three years.
Rekha Sharma gets 3-year extension as Chairperson of National Commission for Women
Indian Govt has taken a decision to provide a three-year extension to Rekha Sharma as Chairperson of the National Commission for Women (NCW). She will serve as the Chairperson of the National Commission for Women, for another term of three years wef 07.08.2021, or till the age of 65 years or until further orders whichever is the earliest.
- Rekha assumed the post of NCW chairperson on August 7, 2018.
- She is also associated with the Commission as a member since August 2015.
- Rekha assumed the additional charge as the chairperson from September 29, 2017, before becoming its regular chief.
James Anderson becomes 3rd highest wicket-taker in Test cricket
England pacer James Anderson has got a new achievement in his cricket career as he became the third-highest wicket-taker in the history of Test cricket. he achieved this milestone in the Test Match against India. Now, Anderson has taken 621 wickets from 163 Tests.
- However, the list of highest wicket-takers has been topped by Muttiah Muralitharan, who took 800 wickets and followed by, Shane Warne who got 708 wickets.
Veteran actor Anupam Shyam passes away at 63
Actor Anupam Shyam has passed away at the age of 63 due to multiple organ failure on 8th August 2021. Anupam was suffering from a kidney ailment for the last few years. Anupam has worked in various renowned films and television serials.
- In 1993, He began his acting career and was also a part of movies including Sardari Begum, Nayak, Dastak, Dil Se, Lagaan, Golmaal, and Munna Michael, to name a few. Television shows, in which he gave his credit such as Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya, Rishtey, Doli Armano Ki, Krishna Chali London, Hum Ne Li Hai- Shapath, and more. Recently, he also had resumed the shoot of the 2nd season of Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya.
Noted Kerala sculptor and cartoonist P.S. Banarji passes away at 41
The famous Kerala Cartoonist, sculptor, and folk singer, P.S. Banarji has passed away at the age of 41.he was suffering from COVID-19 complications and taking treatment at Thiruvananthapuram Medical College Hospital.
- He was a recipient of the Lalithakala Akademi Fellowship and was noted for his Ayyankali and Buddha sculptures at Venganur and Koduman.
- He was working as a graphic designer in an IT firm.
- He is also known for folk songs, like the popular ‘Tharaka Pennale’.
ADB approves $300 million additional loan for rural roads projects in Maharashtra
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has given its approval for a $300 million loan as additional financing. the loan amount will be used for the ongoing Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project for upgrading rural roads and connecting remote areas with markets.
- The Loan will be used to improve an additional 1,100 rural roads and 230 bridges for a total length of 2,900 km in 34 districts of Maharashtra.
World Biofuel Day 2021
The day of 10th August is observed as International Biofuel Day across the world. this day is also called World Biofuel Day. the main objective of this day is to raise awareness regarding the importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels and is to highlight the various efforts made by Govt in the biofuel sector.
- The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas has been celebrating this day since 2015.
World Biofuel Day 2021: theme
- In June 2021, PM Modi joined the World Environment Day event via video conferencing and declared “biofuels for a better environment” as the theme for this year’s World Environment Day.
World Lion Day 2021
Every year, World Lion Day is observed on August 10 across the world. the main objective of this day is to raise awareness and gather support for their declining population and conservation. Lions are listed as endangered species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s (IUCN) Red List.
- in 2013, World Lion Day was launched to raise awareness and gather support for their declining population and conservation.