Today Top Current Affairs 1 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Dak Karmayogi E-learning Platform
Minister of Communications, Railways, Electronics & IT Ashwini Vaishnav and Shri Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for Communications launched an e-learning portal of the Department of Posts called ‘Dak Karmayogi’ at a function held at Stein Auditorium, Indian Habitat Centre.
- Dak Karmayogi: E-Learning Platform or portal has been developed ‘In-House’ under the vision of ‘Mission Karmayogi’, which was conceptualized by PM Narendra Modi with a view to bringing efficiency in the actions of all the employees of the Government of India and transforming the efficiency of bureaucracy with ‘Minimum Government’ and ‘Maximum Governance’.
- ‘Dak Karmayogi’ portal will help in enhancing the competencies of about 4 lakh Gramin Dak Sevaks & Departmental employees.
- It will also enable the trainees to access the uniform standardized training content online.
- Trainees can give their feedback, ratings and suggestions for each and every video.
Karnataka government launched ‘Krishi Yatra’ scheme
Karnataka government launched a new scheme called the ‘Kashi Yatra’ project which offers around 30,000 pilgrims cash assistance of ₹5,000 each to take up a pilgrimage to the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The govt will use funds of up to ₹7 crores from the accounts head of ‘Assistance to Manasa Sarovara Pilgrims’ under the ‘Kashi Yatra’ project.
- Any pilgrim taking up the government-sponsored ‘Kashi Yatra’ would get the benefit only once in a lifetime, Shashikala Jolle, the Minister for Religious Endowment, Hajj and Wakf, said.
- People who took up pilgrimage from April 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2022 and want to take benefit of the ‘Kashi Yatra’ scheme would have to furnish proof that they visited Kashi Vishwanath Temple such as their darshan ticket, waiting list or their pooja receipt, and submit it to the commissioner of religious endowment department in the prescribed proforma.
UK announces 75 scholarships for Indian students on 75th year of Independence
The UK government announced 75 fully-funded scholarships for Indian students to study in the UK in honour of India’s 75th anniversary of Independence. The UK govt will offer scholarships in collaboration with top Indian companies.
- Moreover, British Council in India will also offer 18 scholarships for women in STEM fields, spanning more than 12,000 courses at more than 150 UK universities.
- The British Council is also providing six English scholarships.
- HSBC India will fund 15 of them, Pearson India will fund two, while Hindustan Unilever, Tata Sons, and Duolingo will each fund one of the 75 scholarships.
- UK govt is sponsoring the Chevening international honours programme since 1983 and it is available in 150 nations and is aimed at creating world leaders.
National Statistics Day 2022
Every year, National Statistics Day is observed in India on June 29th. it aims to raise public awareness of the value of statistics in everyday life and in the planning and development process. National Statistics Day also recognises the celebrated statistician, Professor Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis for his contributions to economic planning and statistics.
- The theme of National Statistics Day 2022 is ‘Data for Sustainable Development.
- On 29th June 2007, The day was initially observed to honour Professor Mahalanobis’ exceptional contributions to statistical research and economic planning.
International Day of Parliamentarism 2022
Every year, the International Day of Parliamentarism is observed by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) on June 30 to mark the importance of the Parliament in securing the democratic rights of citizens.
- Parliamentarism denotes a democratic system of governance with the legislative body or the Parliament that provides legitimacy to the executive organ of the government.
- In 2022, the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and its Member Parliaments mark the International Day of Parliamentarism under the theme of public engagement.
International Asteroid Day 2022
Every year, International Asteroid Day is observed on June 30th across the world in order to create awareness about asteroids and what can be done to protect the Earth, its families, communities, and future generations from a catastrophic event. this day is also known as Asteroid Day.
- World Asteroid Day (also known as International Asteroid Day) is an annual UN-sanctioned global awareness campaign event.
- It also marks the anniversary of the Siberian Tunguska event of 1908.
- The theme of Asteroid Day 2022 is “small is beautiful.”
National Chartered Accountants Day 2022
Every year, Chartered Accountants’ Day or CA Day is observed on July 1st in India to commemorate the foundation of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on July 1, 1949. This day is also known as ICAI Foundation Day.
- ICAI is one of the oldest professional institutes in India and was established by the Parliament of India in the year 1949.
- It is the second-largest accounting and statutory body in the world.
National Doctors’ Day 2022
In India, National Doctor’s Day is celebrated on July 1st every year. National Doctors’ Day highlights the contributions of doctors in society and is celebrated by the Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- The theme for National Doctor’s Day is “Family Doctors on the Front Line”, which highlights the contribution of doctors who care for the whole family or a community.
- National Doctors’ Day celebration in India was started in 1991 on July 1st to honour Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy or B.C. Roy, whose birth and death anniversary, both fall on July 1st.
Daily Current Affairs 1st July 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.