National Doctors’ Day 2022: Theme, History and Significance – In India, National Doctor’s Day is celebrated on July 1st every year. National Doctors’ Day highlights the contributions of doctors in society and is celebrated by the Indian Medical Association (IMA).
National Doctor’s Day 2022: Theme
- The theme for National Doctor’s Day is “Family Doctors on the Front Line”, which highlights the contribution of doctors who care for the whole family or a community.
- National Doctors Day theme 2020 : Lessen the mortality of COVID 19.
National Doctor’s Day 2022: History
- National Doctors’ Day celebration in India was started in 1991 on July 1st to honour Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy or B.C. Roy, whose birth and death anniversary, both fall on July 1st.
- Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy or B.C. Roy was a famous physician and freedom fighter from West Bengal.
- He also served as the Chief Minister of West Bengal from 1948 till his death in 1962.
Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy:
- Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy was born in 1882 in Patna.
- He studied at Presidency College in Kolkata and later at Patna College with Honours in Mathematics.
- In 1901, he joined Calcutta Medical College.
- Dr BC Roy went to England for his higher studies after completing medical studies in India.
- he became a member of the Royal College of Physicians and a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App