Today Top Current Affairs 1 December 2021
Daily Current Affairs 1st December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Nagaland police launches ‘Call your Cop’ mobile App for citizens
Nagaland Police has launched a mobile application named ‘Call your cop’ for its Citizens on 29th November 2021. The “Call your cop” mobile app will enable citizens, especially those in distress, to give a call to the force that will now be just a call away.
- The app will also offer various features including directory, alerts, tourist tips, SOS, nearest police station and search.
- It will help in stopping violence against women and making mothers and sisters realise that they can get in touch with the police easily.
- The app was developed by the Police Headquarters CID branch with the help of the Excellogics Tech Solutions Pvt Ltd, Nagaland.
- Users can download the Call your cop mobile app from the google store on any android phone.
Varanasi to become first Indian city to start ropeway service in public transportation
Varanasi will become the first Indian city to start ropeway service as a mode of public transport. the city will have a proposed ropeway that is be built between Cantt Railway Station (Varanasi Junction) to Church Square (Godauliya) to ease the traffic congestion.
- it will help in easing the traffic congestion with covering an aerial distance of 3.45km
- Over ₹400 crores will be spent on this ropeway service in public transportation.
- It will reduce the journey between the two stations to only 15 minutes.
- Almost 220 trolleys will run at a height of 45 metres, and will move in a gap of 90 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Over 4,000 people will be able to travel in one direction at a time.
FASTag toll collection reaches a record Rs 3356 crore in October
FASTag toll collection has reached a record with revenue of ₹3,356 crores in October 2021 from around 21.42 crore transactions. these figures show that during the festive season, economic and transportation activities have increased across India and has hit a record transaction and higher toll collection in October month.
- As per the data, FASTag recorded 193.6 million transactions amounting to ₹3,000 crores in September 2021.
- In August 2021, the transactions through FASTag registered 201.2 million transactions amounting to ₹3,076.56 crores.
Paytm Payments Bank launches Paytm Transit Card
Paytm Payments Bank Limited has launched “Paytm Transit Card”, keeping in mind the vision of one nation, one card. “Paytm Transit Card” will help in users’ everyday needs such as travel in metro, railways, state-owned bus services, toll & parking charges, payments at offline merchant stores, online shopping and so on.
- Users will be able to withdraw money from ATMs using this card.
- Also, the bank’s initiatives will make banking and transactions seamlessly operable for all citizens.
- The card will be delivered at the doorstep or can be purchased at designated sales points.
- Paytm Transit Card is released in partnership with the Hyderabad Metro Rail and is operational on the Delhi Airport Express and Ahmedabad Metro lines at present.
Indian-origin executive Parag Agrawal becomes new Twitter CEO
Social media platform Twitter has appointed Indian origin Parag Agrawal as the new chief executive officer (CEO). Parag Agrawal will replace the company’s co-founder Jack Dorsey who resigned as the chief executive officer (CEO).
- Parag has become the youngest CEO in the S&P 500 elbowing Meta Platform Inc.
- He joined Twitter 10 years ago when there were fewer than 1,000 employees.
- With his elevation, Twitter’s former chief technology officer has also joined the growing list of Indian-Americans to lead top technology companies in the US.
‘The Ambuja Story: How a Group of Ordinary Men Created an Extraordinary Company’ by Narotam Sekhsaria
HarperCollins will release a new perspective on business and life book titled “The Ambuja Story: How a Group of Ordinary Men Created an Extraordinary Company” in December 2021. the book has been authored by Narotam Sekhsaria.
- The book highlights an engaging story, the determination and perseverance that went into building one of India’s finest
National Award Winning Choreographer Shiva Shankar Master Died at 72
National Award-winning choreographer K Sivasankar has passed away at the age of 72. he was suffering from COVID-19 related complications.
- Sivasankar has acted in various Tamil and Telugu serials and also performed in several films.
- He was picked as a judge on one of the most popular reality TV dance shows.
- In 2011, Shankar was awarded the National Award for the song ”Dheera Dheera” from Ram Charan’s ‘Magadheera’ directed by SS Rajamouli.
- apsrt from this, he has choreographed more than 800 songs, created innumerable hits, won a dozen prestigious awards.
World AIDS Day 2021
Every year, World AIDS Day is observed on 1st December across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about AIDS/HIV and to educate people globally.
- It also remembers all those who lost their lives to it.
- This day also encourages students from schools, colleges to contribute to the campaign organised for AIDS.
- Two public information officers James W. Bunn and Thomas Netter conceived World AIDS Day for the Global Programme on AIDS in 1987. in 1988, the first World AIDS Day was proposed to observe. in 1996, World AIDS day came into existence.
- The theme of World AIDS Day 2021 is: ‘End inequalities. End AIDS’. it focuses on reaching people left behind, WHO and its partners are highlighting the growing inequalities in access to essential HIV services.
Current Affairs 1 December 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|