Economic Freedom Index 2021
The Heritage Foundation has released the “Economic Freedom Index”. as per the Economic Freedom Index, Singapore has topped again with 89.7 points in the global ranking for the 2nd consecutive year. followed by New Zealand and Australia got 2nd and 3rd place. North Korea is in the last position (178th) with 5.2 points.
Top 10 Countries:
Economic Freedom Index 2021 India Rank
- As per the Indexing, India is at 121st position in the category Mostly UnFree. India has 56.5 points.
- and is 26th out of 40 Asia-Pacific countries.
- China was ranked at number 107th with its score of 58.4 points.
Index of Economic Freedom
- The Index of Economic Freedom is an annual index and ranking.
- it was created in the year 1995 by conservative think-tank The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal to measure the degree of economic freedom in the world’s nations.
About Heritage Foundation –
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founded: 16 February 1973
- Chairperson: Thomas A. Saunders III