Daily Current Affairs 30th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Department of Posts launches an ‘Online request Transfer Portal’ for Gramin Dak Sevaks
The Department of Posts launched an ‘Online request Transfer Portal’ for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) on 29th December 2022. the portal was launched by Director General Postal Services Alok Sharma through Video Conference in the virtual presence of Chief Postmaster Generals of 23 Postal Circles and Senior Officers of the Department.
- The portal aims to bring transparency and accountability to the governance processes by leveraging technology.
- It will also help in saving time and resources.
Ashwini Vaishnaw launches ‘Stay Safe Online’ Campaign and ‘G20 Digital Innovation Alliance’ as part of India’s G20 presidency
On 28th December 2022, Minister for Electronics & Information Technology, Communications and Railways, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw launched the “Stay Safe Online” campaign and the “G20 Digital Innovation Alliance” (G20-DIA) as part of India’s G20 presidency.
- The main purpose of the ‘Stay Safe Online Campaign’ is to create awareness among citizens to stay safe in the online world.
Stay Safe Online Campaign
- ‘Stay Safe Online Campaign’ aims to raise awareness among citizens to stay safe in the online world.
- It will also make Indian citizens aware of cyber risks and ways to deal with them.
- The campaign will be conducted in English, Hindi, and local languages to reach a wider audience.
Election Commission of India will introduce Remote Voting Machine for migrant workers
On 29th December 2022, The Election Commission of India developed a prototype for a Multi-Constituency Remote Electronic Voting Machine, aimed at enabling remote voting by migrant voters. Remote Electronic Voting Machines (RVM) will help in handling multiple constituencies from a single remote polling booth.
- The election Commission of India (ECI) invited political parties for a demonstration of the Remote Electronic Voting Machine (RVM) on 16 January 2023.
PM Sheikh Hasina inaugurates first Metro rail in Dhaka
On 28th December 2022, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first metro rail in Dhaka, Bangladesh, The first metro rail will be its first journey between Diabari and Agargaon station. The project is also a part of the ambitious Bangladesh project of Mass Rapid Transit to be completed by 2030.
- The metro rail has a 12-kilometer-long route to connect Diabari to Agargaon station in Dhaka.
- It will be Ten pairs of trains with 6 six coaches and will carry about 5 lakh passengers daily.
- The train can run at a top speed of 110 kilometers per hour.
Telangana launched 10th phase of Rythu Bandhu
Telangana Govt launched the investment support scheme for farmers named “10th phase of Rythu Bandhu”. Under this phase, 7,676 crores will be sent to more than 70 lakh 54 thousand farmers towards investment support for the Rabi crop season. The Govt distributes a rate of 5000 rupees per acre as investment support.
- The Govt will offer crop investment to the farmers at the rate of ten thousand rupees per acre for both the Kharif and Rabi seasons through the Rythu Bandhu scheme.
Army inaugurates first 3D-printed dwelling unit for soldiers in Ahmedabad
On 29th December 2022, The Army inaugurated its first 3D-printed dwelling unit for soldiers at Ahmedabad Cantonment. 3D printing technology uses complex software and a robotic unit. it will help in creating a structure through multiple stages from a digital model.
- Military Engineering Services (MES) constructed the dwelling unit in collaboration with MiCoB Pvt Ltd incorporating the latest 3D rapid construction technology.
- The technique utilizes a concrete 3D printer that takes a computerized three-dimensional design and fabricates a 3D structure in a layer-by-layer manner by extruding a specialized type of concrete specifically designed for the purpose.
India successfully test fires extended range version of BrahMos Air Launched missile
On 29th December 2023, The Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully test-fired the extended-range version of the BrahMos Air Launched missile. the missile can hit targets at a range of around 400 km. The test was conducted from a Su-30 fighter aircraft. the missile test was the test of the anti-ship version of the air-launched version of the missile.
- In 2017, the First test of the initial version of the Brahmos Air Launched Cruise Missile was held.
- The BrahMos has three times the speed, 2.5 times the flight range, and higher range compared to subsonic cruise missiles.
Deshpande gets ‘Best Legislator-2022’ award
Eight-time MLA and veteran Congress leader Raghunath Vishwanathrao Deshpande have been honored with the “Best Legislator Award” for 2022 by the Karnataka Legislative Assembly. The committee headed by Speaker Vishveshwara Hegde Kageri selected Raghunath Vishwanathrao Deshpande. The committee included Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, Law Minister J.C. Madhuswamy, and Leader of the Opposition Siddaramaiah as members. In 2021, Former Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa had been chosen for the “Best Legislator Award”.
- The 75-year-old Deshpande represented the Haliyal constituency of Uttara Kannada district in the Assembly.
“Forks in the Road: My Days at RBI and beyond” book by C Rangarajan
Penguin Business (Penguin Group) published a new book titled “Forks in the Road: My Days at RBI and Beyond”, which has been authored by C Rangarajan. The book memories Dr. C. Rangarajan, an Indian economist, a former Member of Parliament, and the 19th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The Book also highlights India’s transition from its post-independence planning era to the present times.
- It has been divided into 3 parts.
- Part 1- ‘RBI and Planning Commission’, Part 2-‘Governor of RBI’ and Part 3- ‘Beyond RBI’.
Women’s T20 World Cup Cricket Tournament 2023
The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 will be started on 10th February 2023 in South Africa and will end on 26th February 2023. Team India will start its campaign on 12th February against Pakistan in Cape Town, South Africa. Team India has been placed in Group 2 with England, West Indies, Pakistan, and Ireland. The final will be held on 26th February 2023.
- The All-India Women’s Selection Committee announced India’s squad for the tri-series in South Africa starting in January and the upcoming ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023.
World Rapid Chess Championship: Magnus Carlsen Won
World Rapid Chess Championship was held in Almaty, Kazakhstan and Magnus Carlsen of Norway won 1st place with a commanding score of 10/13. Germany’s Vincent Keim and USA’s Fabiano Caruana finished 2nd and 3rd place in the open category respectively. India’s B. Savitha Sri received the bronze medal with 3rd place with 6 points, and Arjun Erikaisi secured 5th place with 9 points in the women’s category.
West Bengal Joint Minister Subrata Saha passed away at 72
West Bengal minister of state Subrata Saha died at the age of 72 due to a cardiac arrest at a hospital on 29th December 2022. Subrata Saha was a three-time Trinamool Congress legislator from the Sagardighi Assembly constituency in the Murshidabad district. he secured consecutive victories in 2011, 2016, and 2019.
- Subrata Saha was the first elected Trinamool Congress MLA from the Murshidabad district.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.