Today Top Current Affairs 9 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 9 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 9 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
PM dedicates to the Nation and lays the Foundation Stone of key infrastructure projects in West Bengal
On 7th February 2021, India’s Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji Haldia in West Bengal and he dedicates various projects to the nation.
- LPG import terminal.
- 348 km Dobhi – Durgapur Natural Gas Pipeline section, which is part of the Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga project.
- 4 Lane ROB-cum-Flyover at Ranichak, Haldia on NH 41.
- 2nd Catalytic-Isodewaxing unit of Haldia Refinery.
PM launches Asom Mala and lays Foundation Stone of two Hospitals in Assam
On 7th February 2021, Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has visited Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur District of Assam and laid the Foundation Stone of two hospitals at Biswanath and Charaideo.
- Along with it, PM Modi also started ‘Asom Mala’, a programme for state highways and major district roads.
- the main aim of it is to fulfil the dreams of the state to have a network of broad roads and connectivity for all villages and modern cities.
President Kovind Inaugurates General KS Thimayya Museum In Karnataka
On 6th February 2021, Indian President Shri Ram Nath Kovind Ji has made the inauguration of a museum which is dedicated to the life of former Army Chief General Kodandera Subayya Thimayya in Karnataka.
- The house of General Thimayya is renovated and converted into a museum to retell the life-story of the General in an inspiring manner.
Uttar Pradesh announces unique 16-digit Unicode to identify landholdings
The State Govt of Uttar Pradesh has announced to issue a unique 16-digit Unicode system in order to mark all kinds of landholdings in the state.
- The main purpose of this is to make an end to the fake registry of disputed land.
Steve Smith won the third Allan Border Medal
The Cricketer from Australia Steve Smith has received Allan Border Medal for third times at the Australian Cricket Awards for the period 2020-21.
- In addition, Beth Mooney earned maiden Belinda Clarke Award at the Australian Cricket Awards.
Rishabh Pant and Shabnim Ismail won inaugural ICC Player of the Month January 2021
On 8th February, the International Cricket Council (ICC) today announced the winners of the inaugural ICC Player of the Month Awards. Indian player Rishabh Pant achieved the inaugural ICC Player of the Month award.
- Pant made performances in the two Tests against Australia where he scored a 97 at Sydney and an unbeaten 89 at Brisbane that led India to a historic series win against arch-rivals Australia.
Tennis player Akhtar Ali passes away at 81
The legend of Tennis and Ex-Davis Cup coach Mr Akhtar Ali has taken his last breath at the age of 81. he suffered from Parkinson’s disease and other health issues.
About Akhtar Ali
- Born – July 5, 1939
- Became the National junior champion
- He represented in 8 Davis Cup ties against countries such as Pakistan, Malaysia, Iran, Mexico, Japan and Monaco from 1958 to 1964.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|