Today Top Current Affairs 9 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 9 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 9 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
S A Bobde launches AI-driven Research Portal ‘SUPACE’
On 6th April 2021, Chief Justice of India S A Bobde has unveiled The first-of-its-kind Artificial Intelligence (AI) based portal of the Supreme Court of India named “SUPACE”.
- The full form of SUPACE portal is “Supreme Court Portal for Assistance in Court’s Efficiency”.
What is the SUPACE portal:
- SUPACE portal is a tool and will collect relevant facts and laws and makes them available to a judge.
S Ramann as new Chairman and Managing Director of SIDBI
The Centre has elected S Ramann as Chairman and Managing Director of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- Ramann will serve as MD and Chairman for a period of three years from the date of his assuming the charge or until further orders.
Who is S Ramann:
- Ramann is an Indian Audit & Accounts Service officer from 1991-batch.
- at present, he is serving as the CEO of National E-Governance Services Ltd, India’s first Information Utility.
About SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India) –
Founded: 2 April 1990
Tarun Bajaj as Revenue Secretary and Ajay Seth as new DEA Secretary
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed economic affairs secretary Tarun Bajaj as the new revenue secretary and Ajay Seth as economic affairs secretary. Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) was chaired by PM Modi.
- Tarun Bajaj has been also assuming the additional charge of the revenue department since February 2021 after the retirement of Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
Who is Ajay Seth
- He is a civil servant from the 1987 batch Karnataka cadre.
Other appointments by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC)
|Ali Raza Rizvi||As secretary in the Department of Public Enterprises|
|Jatindra Nath Swain||As secretary in the department of fisheries|
|Gyanesh Kumar||As secretary in the ministry of parliamentary affairs|
|Indevar Pandey||As secretary in the department of administrative reforms|
and public grievances and department of pensions
and pensioners welfare
|Anjali Bhawra||As secretary in the department of empowerment of persons|
|Anil Kumar Jha||As secretary in the ministry of tribal affairs|
WWE Hall of Fame 2021: The Great Khali’s new entry
Indian WWE “The Great Khali” has been gained in the WWE Hall of Fame in the Class of 2021.
- His real name is Dalip Singh Rana.
Dalip Singh Rana (The Great Khali) biography
|Born||27 August 1972|
|Full name||Dalip Singh Rana|
Journalist & Padma Shri Awardee Fatima Rafiq Zakaria Dies
The famous journalist and academician Fatima Rafiq Zakaria has passed away at the age of 85. she was suffering from an age-related illness.
- In 2006, She was honoured with the Padma Shri Award in recognition of her work in education.
- She also honoured with the Sarojini Naidu Integration Award for Journalism in 1983.
- Zakaria served as the executive vice-chairman of the Board of Governors of the Trust’s Institute of Hotel Management.
First Indian Female Cricket Commentator Chandra Nayudu dies
The first woman cricket commentator of India Chandra Nayudu has passed away at the age of 88. she was suffering from an “age-related ailment”.
- Chandra was also a professor in English at the Government Girls College in Indore.
- She was a very good Hindi commentator and 1st commentated in the MCC v Bombay game in the 1976-77 season.
CRPF Valour Day 2021
Every year, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Valour Day (Shaurya Diwas) is observed on 9 April. In 2021, India will observe 56th CRPF Valour Day.
- This day marks a tribute to the brave men of the Force.
- In 1965, a small CRPF contingent defeated an invading Pakistani army at the Sardar Post located in the Rann of Kutch, Gujarat and created history to do this.
- The CRPF eliminated 34 Pakistani soldiers. however, 6 CRPF personnel sacrificed.