Today Top Current Affairs 7th June 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Also Read: Daily Current Affairs in Hindi [करेंट अफेयर्स हिंदी] – 7th June 2022
PM Narendra Modi launches Lifestyle for Environment movement
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Lifestyle for the Environment (LiFE) Movement’, a global initiative, via video conferencing.
- The idea of LiFE was presented by the Prime Minister during the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties COP-26 in Glasgow last year.
- It focuses on mindful and deliberate utilisation instead of mindless and destructive consumption.
National Food laboratory of FSSAI Inaugurated in Raxaul Bihar
Union minister for health and family welfare and Chemicals and Fertilizers Mr. Mansukh Mandaviya has inaugurated the National Food Laboratory of FSSAI at Raxaul in Bihar.
- National Food Laboratory of FSSAI was established to reduce the time of testing of food samples imported from Nepal to Raxaul under the bilateral agreement between Indo-Nepal.
- Prior to this, the food samples with legal sanity were sent to the National Food Laboratory of Kolkata which makes testing of food time taking.
President Kovind Inaugurates Sant Kabir Academy And Research Centre in UP
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated Sant Kabir Academy and Research Centre and Swadesh Darshan Yojana on June 5th, 2022 at Kabir Chaura Dham, Maghar, Uttar Pradesh.
- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Sant Kabir Academy and Research Centre four years ago.
NABARD Chairman launches My Pad My Right programme in Leh
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Chairman Dr GR Chintala has launched the “My Pad My Right programme” in Leh.
- Nabard’s NabFoundation launched the programme with machinery and materials at a cost of Seven and a half Lakh rupees.
- Dr GR Chintala announced to sanction of One more lakh to upgrade the machinery to make sanitary pads suitable to the demands of women of different age groups.
Arignar Anna Zoological Park starts Use of Plastic Bottles in a Unique Way
The Arignar Anna Zoological Park is one such park that is thinking about the increasing pollution near the park which is threatening the animals. the increasing pollution near the park has made it difficult for the animals and the caretakers.
- Arignar Anna Zoological Park has adopted a new method to keep a check on the littering of plastic bottles and pollution inside the park.
- the state environment minister Siva. V. Meyyanathan and health minister Ma. Subramanian distributed the traditional cloth bags called “Manchappai,” which means ‘yellow bags in Chennai to promote the use of environmental-friendly carry bags instead of plastic bags which are harmful to the environment.
Tamil Nadu CM flags off luxury cruise liner “Empress”
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Shri MK Stalin has flagged off the luxury cruise liner “Empress” from Chennai port. luxury cruise liner “Empress” is an eleven-storey tourist vessel that can accommodate up to 2,000 passengers and about 800 crew members.
- It has a swimming pool, children’s play area, gym, theatre and a multi-cuisine restaurant.
- It is considered the first luxury cruise liner being operated by the state.
Swarup Kumar Saha appointed as head of Punjab & Sind Bank
The government has appointed Swarup Kumar Saha as head of Punjab & Sind Bank. Swarup Kumar Saha has replaced S Krishnan, who also superannuated on May 31st, 2022.
- Saha is the executive director of Punjab National Bank (PNB), has replaced S Krishnan, who also superannuated on May 31st, 2022.
- Saha is a graduate of Science from the University of Calcutta, Kolkata and started his career in banking in the erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce in the year 1990 as Probationary Officer (PO).
- He is having a vast experience in Human Resource Development, Treasury, International Banking, Credit, Risk Management, Organization Restructuring and Board matters.
A Manimekhalai appointed as MD of Union Bank
The government has appointed A Manimekhalai as managing director (MD) of Union Bank of India and Swarup Kumar Saha as head of Punjab & Sind Bank.
- Canara Bank executive director Manimekhalai has taken the place of Rajkiran Rai G, who retired on May 31 after a five-year term.
- Manimekhalai becomes the first woman managing director (MD) of Union Bank of India.
- Manimekhalai is a Master of Business Administration degree holder from Bangalore University and joined erstwhile Vijaya Bank as Officer in 1988.
- She also served as General Manager of Vijaya Bank and headed the Bangalore north region prior to being elevated as ED of Canara Bank.
MS Dhoni invests in Garuda Aerospace, becomes brand ambassador
Indian Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni invested an undisclosed sum in an Indian drone startup Chennai-based Garuda Aerospace. MS Dhoni also joined the startup as a brand ambassador.
- Garuda Aerospace is a pioneer in the Indian Drone Ecosystem & is on the path to being India’s 1st ever Drone Unicorn Start-up.
- the drone start-up manufactured drones named ‘Corona-Killer’ to spray disinfectants and sanitise public spaces to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- ‘Corona-Killer’ drones can be used to spray disinfectants on buildings up to 450 feet.
RBI announces results of its First Global Hackathon – HARBINGER 2021
The Reserve Bank had launched its first global hackathon – “HARBINGER 2021 – Innovation for Transformation” with the theme ‘Smarter Digital Payments’.
- The hackathon obtained an encouraging response with 363 proposals submitted by teams from within India and from 22 other countries including the USA, UK, Sweden, Singapore, Philippines, and Israel.
- The Hackathon was held in three phases with shortlisting of proposals in the first phase, solution development in the second phase followed by the final evaluation in the third phase.
Indian Railways awarded by the UIC International Sustainable Railway Awards (ISRA)
Indian Railways have been awarded by the UIC International Sustainable Railway Awards (ISRA) in the category of “Best use of Zero-Carbon Technology” for feeding Solar Energy directly to 25 KV AC Traction System.
- Indian Railways is observing World Environment Day on 5th June 2022 and The campaign slogan for this year’s Environment Day is “Only One Earth” with the focus on “Living Sustainably in Harmony with Nature”.
MIFF 2022: ‘Turn Your Body to the Sun’ bags Golden Conch award for the Best Documentary
The Dutch documentary film “Turn Your Body to the Sun” has received the prestigious Golden Conch award for the Best Documentary Film at Mumbai International Film Festival 2022 (MIFF 2022). “Turn Your Body to the Sun” Dutch documentary film tells the incredible story of a Soviet Prisoner of War and is Directed by Aliona Van der Horst.
- ‘Turn Your Body to the Sun’ brings to light the incredible life story of a Soviet soldier of Tatar descent, who was captured by the Nazis during World War II.
- his daughter Sana attempts to trace the path of her father to understand what made him the man she knew as a child.
India’s Sakshi Malik, Divya Kakran, Mansi win gold at Bolat Turlykhanov Cup
Rio Olympics bronze medallist Sakshi Malik won her first international gold medal in almost five years at the Bolat Turlykhanov Cup – a UWW Ranking Series event – in Almaty. She won gold at the 2017 Commonwealth Championship and also won two bronze medals at the Asian Championships in 2020 and 2022.
- Mansi won the final Against Kazakhstan’s Emma Tissina by 3-0 under the 57 kg category.
- Divya won two bouts Against Delgerma Enkhsaikhan from Mongolia and Albina Kairgeldinova from Kazakhstan.
French Open Tennis Grand Slam 2022
36-year-old Rafael Nadal won his 14th French Open title, beating 23-year-old Casper Ruud, the first Norwegian in a Grand Slam singles final. Iga Świątek won the women’s singles event, capturing her second French Open crown
- The 2022 French Open was a Grand Slam tennis tournament and was held at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France.
India-Bangladesh joint military Sampriti-X exercise begins
A joint military training exercise named ‘Ex SAMPRITI-X’ between India and Bangladesh was started on June 5th at Jessore military station in Bangladesh. The exercise ‘Ex SAMPRITI-X’ will be held till June 16th as part of bilateral defence cooperation.
- The exercise ‘Ex SAMPRITI-X’ aims to strengthen the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between both armies and to understand each other’s tactical drills and operational techniques.
Daily Current Affairs 7th June 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.