A Manimekhalai appointed as MD of Union Bank – The government has appointed A Manimekhalai as managing director (MD) of Union Bank of India and Swarup Kumar Saha as head of Punjab & Sind Bank.
- Canara Bank executive director Manimekhalai has taken the place of Rajkiran Rai G, who retired on May 31 after a five-year term.
- Manimekhalai becomes the first woman managing director (MD) of Union Bank of India.
Who is A Manimekhalai
- Manimekhalai is a Master of Business Administration degree holder from Bangalore University and joined erstwhile Vijaya Bank as Officer in 1988.
- She also served as General Manager of Vijaya Bank and headed the Bangalore north region prior to being elevated as ED of Canara Bank.
- She was instrumental in devising and implementing strategic policies, covering core areas including strategic planning, setting organisational goals, growth strategies, action plans, compliance, internal control and so on.
Who is Swarup Kumar Saha
- Saha is the executive director of Punjab National Bank (PNB), has replaced S Krishnan, who also superannuated on May 31st, 2022.
- Saha is a graduate of Science from the University of Calcutta, Kolkata and started his career in banking in the erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce in the year 1990 as Probationary Officer (PO).
- He is having a vast experience in Human Resource Development, Treasury, International Banking, Credit, Risk Management, Organization Restructuring and Board matters.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App