Today Top Current Affairs 7 & 8 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 7 & 8 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 7 & 8 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
We will update the today Current Affairs.
Food Waste Index Report 2021
As per the report, Over 931 million tonnes of food were wasted globally in 2019. household food waste in India is about 68.7 million tonnes a year.
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and WRAP released the Food Waste Index Report 2021 and highlights that food wastes by different countries in 2019.
- In India, the household food waste estimate is 50 kg per capita per year, or 68,760,163 tonnes a year.
- The household food waste estimate in the US is 59 kg per capita per year, or 19,359,951 tonnes a year.
- China these estimates are 64 kg per capita per year or 91,646,213 tonnes a year.
Noted Kannada poet N S Lakshminarayana Bhatta dies
Noted Kannada poet Shri N S Lakshminarayana Bhatta has taken his last brath at the age of 84. he was was suffering from age-related ailments.
- He translated almost 50 of William Shakespeare’s sonnets, the poetry of T S Elliot and works of poet Yeats int Kannada.
- he was honoured with the Karnataka Sahitya Akademi award.
- “Thaye Ninna Padilla” was his popular work.
Veteran Indian athlete Ishar Singh Deol passes away at 91
The recipient of the Dhyan Chand National Sports Award and Veteran Indian athlete Ishar Singh Deol has taken his last breath at the age of 91.
- Deol had competed in the first three Asian Games and won a bronze medal in the 2nd Asian Games held in Manila, the Philippines in the year 1954.
- He received many medals and for his lifelong contribution towards sports, he was honoured with the Dhyan Chand National Award in 2009.
- Along with it, he has served as General Secretary of the Punjab Athletes Association and also became Vice President of the Athletic Federation of India and a member of the Selection Committee.
International Women’s Day 2021
The day of 8th March is observed as International Women’s Day across the world in order to celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women.
- the theme of International Women’s Day 2021 is “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world”.
- the campaign theme for International Women’s Day 2021 is #ChooseToChallenge.
- in 1911, this day was observed for the first time by the early 20th century Marxist from Germany Clara Zetkin.
- Two years later, in 1913, the date was changed to March 8, and it continues to be celebrated as such every year.