Today Top Current Affairs 6 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Ayush Minister Sarbananda Sonowal lays foundation stone for Heartfulness International Yoga academy
The Union Ayush Minister Shri Sarbananda Sonowal has laid the foundation stone for the Heartfulness International Yoga academy today in Hyderabad.
- the Heartfulness International Yoga academy will be equipped with therapeutic Yoga rooms for consultation, one to one training spaces or small group classes, pre-natal Yoga rooms, a recording Yoga hall, Yoga library with books and so on.
75 crores Suryanamaskar Initiative
- Sarbananda Sonowal has also launched 75 crores Suryanamaskar Initiative as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- People can participate in the 75-crore Suryanamaskar project and will last from 1st January 2022 to 20th February 2022.
- It aims to create the largest congregational Surya Namaskar event with each participant and will get a certificate upon completing the 21-day Suryanamaskar challenger.
- The website for this program is http://www.75suryanamaskar.com
Narendra Modi inaugurates multiple projects in Manipur, Tripura
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made inauguration of 13 Projects worth around Rs. 1850 crores and has also laid the foundation stone of 9 projects worth around Rs 2950 crores in Imphal, Manipur.
- 13 Projects will help in the development of Road Infrastructure, Drinking Water Supply, Health, Urban Development, Housing, Information Technology, Skill Development, Art and Culture, and so on.
- PM Modi inaugurated the New Integrated Terminal Building of Maharaja Bir Bikram (MBB) Airport in Tripura and has also lanuched new initiatives such as Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram Samriddhi Yojana and Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools at Agartala.
Russia test-fires 10 hypersonic Tsirkon missiles
Russia has test-fired a 10 hypersonic Tsirkon missile successfully. Russia conducted a test-firing of around 10 new Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missiles from a frigate and two more from a submarine.
- The Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missiles was tested from the Admiral Gorshkov class frigate and Severodvinsk, a Yasen class nuclear-power submarine.
- Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missile can target 1000km and can also travel at a speed of Mach 8–Mach 9.
SBI invests $20 mn in payment solutions provider Pine Labs
State Bank of India (SBI) has invested $20 million (around ₹150 crores) in payment solutions provider Pine Labs. Pine Labs has planned to invest the new funds in scaling Plural, its newly launched brand of online payment products.
- Pine Labs will aim to make an omnichannel partner of choice for merchants.
- Prior to this, Pine Labs raised a total of $600 million from US-based asset management firm Fidelity, Blackrock and others in 2021.
India’s first cryptocurrency index IC15 Launched
Global cryptocurrency super app Cryptowire launched IC15, a crypto index or cryptocurrency index in India. the crypto index will help in monitoring the performance of the 15 most traded cryptocurrencies, listed on leading exchanges in the world.
- the crypto index aims to boost awareness and knowledge of the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem.
- IC15 is a rule-based broad market index.
- It will play a role in tracking and measuring the performance of the top 15 widely traded liquid cryptocurrencies across the world, in terms of market capitalization, listed on leading crypto exchanges globally.
Google buys Israeli security startup Siemplify for $500 million
Alphabet Inc-owned Google’s cloud division has brought Israeli security startup Siemplify for $500 million.
- Israeli security startup Siemplify will act as the U.S. tech giant expands its security offerings amid rising cyber-attacks.
- Google announced to invest $10 billion in cybersecurity over the next five years due to a significant rise in cyber-attacks and data breaches.
- Google will integrate Siemplify’s platform into its cloud and will serve as the foundation for the capabilities it will invest in.
Ambassador Atul Keshap appointed head of US-India Business Council
Ambassador Atul Keshap has been appointed as president of the US-India Business Council (USIBC). his appointment will come into effect from January 5th, 2022.
- Keshap has served as United States Chargé d’Affaires to India, leading the US Embassy team in Delhi.
- Atul Keshap has replaced Nisha Desai Biswal.
- Nisha Biswal is a former US assistant secretary of state for South Asia.
- She will serve as the US Chamber of Commerce’s senior vice president of International Strategy and Global Initiatives and South Asia.
‘Mother of orphans’ Sindhutai Sapkal died at 74
Sindhutai Sapkal, known as ‘Anathanchi Maye’ or ‘Mother of orphans’ has passed away at the age of 74 due to a heart attack at a private hospital in Pune.
- She was known for her work in raising hundreds of orphans, abandoned and destitute children, as well as towards the rehabilitation of women.
- Sindhutai was born in the Wardha district of Maharashtra on November 14th, 1948.
- She was honoured with more than 750 awards for her social work.
- in 2021, she received the Padma Shri and the Ahilyabai Holkar Award in 2010 from the Maharashtra government.
Daily Current Affairs 6 January 2022 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.