‘Mother of orphans’ Sindhutai Sapkal died at 74 – Sindhutai Sapkal, known as ‘Anathanchi Maye’ or ‘Mother of orphans’ has passed away at the age of 74 due to a heart attack at a private hospital in Pune.
- She was known for her work in raising hundreds of orphans, abandoned and destitute children, as well as towards the rehabilitation of women.
About ‘Mother of orphans’ Sindhutai Sapkal
- Sindhutai was born in the Wardha district of Maharashtra on November 14th, 1948.
- She studied only up to class 4 and got married at the age of 10 to a man who was 30 years older than her.
- Sindhutai started running an orphanage – Sanmati Bal Niketan Sanstha – in Hadapsar area of Pune.
- She was honoured with more than 750 awards for her social work.
- in 2021, she received the Padma Shri and the Ahilyabai Holkar Award in 2010 from the Maharashtra government.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.