Today Top Current Affairs 7 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
UJALA scheme completes 7 years, saves 48 b kWh energy every year
The Power Ministry has completed seven years of distributing and selling LED lights under its flagship UJALA programme. under flagship UJALA programme, more than 36.78 crore LEDs have been distributed across the country and leading to the world’s largest zero-subsidy domestic lighting programme
Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA)
- the Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) was launched in 2015 and has helped in bringing down the retail price of LED bulbs from ₹300-350 a bulb to ₹70-80.
- Every year, 7,778 Million kWh per annum energy was saved using LED bulbs.
Traditional new year festival Losar celebrated in Ladakh
traditional Losar festival (a 15 days long celeration) was celebrated with zeal and enthusiasm in Ladakh on January 03, 2022. Losar Festival is celebrated by Buddhist Community and is observed at the onset of the New Year in the traditional schedule of Tibetan Buddhism.
- On the day of the Losar Festival, performances of traditional songs and folk dances of the region and hypnotising chanting prayers are conducted by the people.
Bharat BillPay launches UPMS to simplify recurring bill payments
NPCI Bharat BillPay has launched a Unified Presentment Management System (UPMS) in order to enable users to set up standing instructions on their recurring bill payments across all channels and modes of digital payments.
- Under UPMS, bills will be automatically fetched from the billers and will be displayed to customers to take action in terms of auto-debit and bill payment management.
Unified Presentment Management System (UPMS)
- UPMS will help in democratizing recurring bill payments and making them further convenient for customers.
- It will also enable all the Bharat BillPay Operating Units to make this facility available to their customers.
India’s TS Tirumurti assumes the new chair of UN Counter-Terrorism Committee
India’s permanent representative to the United Nations TS Tirumurti has been named the new Chair of the UN Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC) for 2022.
- Indian is holding the chairmanship of the United Nations Security Council’s Counter-Terrorism Committee (UNSC-CTC) for one year from 1st January 2022.
- India will focus on enhancing the role of CTC in strengthening the multilateral response to counter-terrorism.
- India will also ensure that the global response to the threat of terrorism remains unambiguous, undivided and effective.
G Asok Kumar assumes as Director-General for National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
Ministry of Jal Shakti Additional Secretary G Asok Kumar has assumed the charge of the new Director-General for the National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, replacing Mr Rajiv Ranjan Mishra.
- G Asok Kumar is an Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Telangana Cadre 1991 batch and is popularly known as “the Rain Man of India”, for his inspiring work in the “Jal Shakthi Abhiyan: Catch the Rain” campaign.
- He has served as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India and Director in the Ministry of Power.
- he also has served as the Executive Director of Projects in National Mission for Clean Ganga.
- Apart from this, he has served in various sectors such as infrastructure, urban planning, civil aviation, power, sports, welfare, health, education and IT.
Elon Musk-backed Starlink India Head Sanjay Bhargava Resigns
Elon Musk-backed Starlink’s country director for India, Sanjay Bhargava has decided to step down from his post at the satellite broadband company due to personal reasons.
- Bhargava joined SpaceX as the Country Director for Starlink in India on October 1, 2021.
Bhargava Shared a post on LinkedIn
- “I have stepped down as Country Director and Chairman of the Board of Starlink India for personal reasonsmy last working day was December 31, 2021. I will have no comments for individuals and media so please respect my privacy,”
Three-Time Olympic Triple Jump Champion Viktor Saneyev Dies at 76
The three-time Olympic triple jump champion and former world record-holder Viktor Saneyev has passed away at the age of 76.
- Saneyev won his titles in Mexico City in 1968 before further success for the Soviet Union in Munich in 1972 and in Montreal in 1976.
- He also received his two European titles in 1969 and 1974.
- He was the recipient of the four Olympic medals including three golds (Mexico 1968, Munich 1972 and Montreal 1976) and one silver (Moscow 1980).
Daily Current Affairs 7th January 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.