Today Top Current Affairs 6 & 7 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 6 & 7 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 6 & 7 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
India Launches Global Energy Initiative “Mission Innovation CleanTech Exchange”
The 23 countries’ Govts (also India) has launched a bold new plan called Mission Innovation 2.0, to catalyze action and spearhead a decade of innovation for global investment in clean energy research, development, and demonstrations.
- The main aim of it is to make clean energy affordable, attractive, and accessible for all this decade.
- it also will help in accelerating action towards the Paris Agreement and net-zero pathways.
- Mission Innovation 2.0 is the second (2nd) phase of the global Mission Innovation initiative that was introduced alongside the Paris Agreement at the 2015 COP21 conference.
- Apart from this, India has started off the Mission Innovation CleanTech Exchange. it aims to create a network of incubators across member countries.
Thaawarchand Gehlot Launches SAGE Programme and Portal to support India’s Elderly Persons
On 4th June 2021, The Social Justice and Empowerment Union Minister Mr. Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched an initiative called, SAGE (Seniorcare Aging Growth Engine) and also introduced the SAGE portal to support India’s elderly persons.
- The SAGE portal will be a “one-stop access” of elderly care products and services by credible start-ups.
- The SAGE portal will be started for applications from 5th June 2021 onwards.
- The start-ups will be selected on the basis of innovative products and services, which they should be able to provide across sectors such as health, housing, care centers, apart from technological access linked to finances, food and wealth management, and legal guidance.
- The SAGE project aims to identify, evaluate, verify, aggregate, and deliver products, solutions, and services directly to the stakeholders.
- The Ministry will act as a facilitator, enabling the elderly to access the products through these identified start-ups.
Centre extends the validity period of Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) from 7 years to Lifetime
The Govt has taken a decision to extend the validity period of the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) qualifying certificate from 7 years to lifetime with retrospective effect from 2011.
- This move will help in increasing the employment opportunities for candidates aspiring to make a career in the teaching field.
PM Modi Launches Three E-100 Ethanol Dispensing Stations in Pune Under Pilot Project
PM Modi launched a Pilot Project of E 100 ethanol dispensing stations at three locations in Pune, for the production and distribution of ethanol.
- Moreover, PM Modi has released the “Report of the Expert Committee on Road Map for ethanol blending in India 2020-2025”.
- The theme of the report is ‘promotion of biofuels for better environment’.
- Center is looking to achieve the target 20 percent ethanol blending in petrol by 2025. prior to this, the target was to be achieved by 2030.
Ladakh LG RK Mathur Launches YounTab Scheme to Distribute Tablets
The Lt Governor of Ladakh, RK Mathur launched a scheme called ‘YounTab’ on June 04, 2021, under the YounTab scheme,12,300 tablets would be distributed to the students of Class 6th – 12th of government schools in the Union Territory.
- The main aim of this scheme is to make students encourage to regrading digital learning, bridge the digital divide between connected and unconnected regions, and mitigate the disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- In the first phase of the YounTab Scheme, Students of Classes 9 to 12 standards, will be given tablets by Lt Governor RK Mathur.
RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged at 4% in MPC meet June 2021
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced to keep the Repo Rate unchanged in the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting. the meeting eas held from 2nd June to 4th June 2021.
- Along with it, RBI has also estimated the real GDP growth for India at 9.5% in 2021-22.
RBI Key Policy Rates & Reserve Ratios
|2.||Reverse Repo Rate||3.35%|
|3.||Marginal Standing Facility Rate||4.25%|
SDG India Index 2020–21: Kerala Tops
The NITI Aayog Vice-Chairperson Dr. Rajiv Kumar has published the 3rd edition of the SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21.
- The Index aims to monitor and rank the progress made by the States of India and Union Territories (UT) towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- As per the Index, Kerala (75) tops in the 3rd edition of the SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21.
SDG India Index score
- Aspirant: 0–49
- Performer: 50–64
- Front-Runner: 65–99
- Achiever: 100
Photographer Thomas Vijayan Wins Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021
Thomas Vijayan (Indian-Origin) has won the Nature TTL Photography Awards 2021 for his photo titled ‘The World is Going Upside Down’ of an Orangutan clinging to a tree.
- Vijayan will also receive a grand prize of 1,500 pounds (Rs.1.5 lakh) and his photo was chosen from more than 8,000 entries for Nature TTL Photographer of the Year 2021.
- Originally, Thomas is Kerala and now has settled in Canada.
French Novelist David Diop wins 2021 International Booker Prize
The famous French novelist David Diop won the International Booker Prize for the year 2021 for his book “At Night All Blood is Black”. this book is translated into English by Anna Moschovakis and based on World War I.
- David also will receive prize money of £50,000 ($70,850) and the prize money will be divided equally among the author and the translator.
International Booker Prize
- It is an international literary prize awarded annually for a single book that is translated into English and has published in the UK or Ireland.
World Day Against Speciesism 2021
The day of 5th June is marked as World Day Against Speciesism every year in order to stop discrimination based on species membership.
- World Day Against Speciesism is supported by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), and other animal rights groups for the purpose of promoting this idea among the general public.
International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing 2021
The International Day for the Fight Against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing is organized on 5th June every year by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- The main objective of this day is to protect the fisheries sector and also highlights efforts taking place globally, regionally, and nationally to tackle illegal fishing.
UN Russian Language Day 2021
The day of 6th June is observed as UN Russian Language Day every year. The Russian Language is one of the six official languages used by the United Nations throughout the Organization.
- This day also highlights the birthday of Aleksandr Pushkin, a Russian poet who is considered the father of the modern Russian language.
World Pest Day 2021
World Pest Day (also sometimes called World Pest Awareness Day) is observed on 6th June every year.
- The main objective of it is to boost public, government and media awareness of the important role pest management organization plays in protecting public health, project the professional image of the pest management industry, promote the use of professional pest management in a scientific and socially responsible way and call attention to the big threats caused by small pests.
World Food Safety Day 2021
Every year, World Food Safety Day is celebrated on 7th June to remind people of the need to have safer and healthy food for a disease-free life.
It aims to draw attention and inspire action to help prevent, detect and manage foodborne risks, contributing to food security, human health, economic prosperity, agriculture, market access, tourism, and sustainable development.
World Food Safety Day 2021 Theme: ‘Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow’, marks that production and consumption of safe food have immediate and long-term benefits for people, the planet, and the economy.